Taping FSA K Wing bars

pixelmill

Jul 24, 2006
Is there anything I should know about taping these bars? They tape right to the top 'ike a normal bar - right?

Thanks for replies / opinions on these bars.. :)

You leave the aero/ teardrop part untaped just tape the hoods and drops

dm69 said:
You leave the aero/ teardrop part untaped just tape the hoods and drops

Exactly, just tape from the hoods down to the drops. The tops are left bare. That's how I taped my K-Wing anyway. No worries about slippage, the shape of the tops fit the palm nicely.

I've taped mine how you would any normal bar, up and over the drops and hoods, all the way to where the brake cables poke out.

Probably not the 'correct' thing to do as per instructions, but it makes the tops just that little bit (even) more comfortable. At the least, all that leftover bar tape isn't going to be any more useful than that, if it had been tossed in the bin :p

Thanks for the feedback people! It's good to hear your experiences / ideas - and rek - thanks for posting the pix! :) :)

BTW - is that a Cervelo the bars are on?

pixelmill said:
Thanks for the feedback people! It's good to hear your experiences / ideas - and rek - thanks for posting the pix! :) :)

BTW - is that a Cervelo the bars are on?
It's on a Cannondale Synapse. Comfy bike, comfy handlebars.. hooray

Glad to see noone noticed my bodgy taping job, where there was more tape on the left side than the right :eek:

Actually, you don't even need tape to tape your handlebar. Start from the top of the handlebar where you want to apply the tape and work your way around the handlebar until you reach end. Leave some handlebar tape by flushing the excessive into the hole and plug it.