Tapping ti

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "peter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> Theres a picture of the rack on the bike about halfway down:
> > http://www.fastload.net/03/two/pages/index.html
> >
> That was really good stuff. Thanks!
>
> My wife's bike was stolen a few days ago. It was an old-school MTB set up as a grocery-getter.
> I was converting my Bontrager Ti Lite for her. Bought a beautiful Jandd rack. For the initial
> mounting I used bands around the seat stays. Not even close to providing heel clearance with
> her open-top panniers mounted. Moving the rack back a few cm (with an eyelet mount) wouldn't
> be enough.
>
> Now it's time to explore unconventional racks (e.g., Old Man Mountain & Delta).

David

If you are having heel clearance problems and have a hardtail try the Jandd Expedition rack. The
name is a misleading as it was designed to give an additional 3 inches of room by extending the rack
backwards. In retrospect I should have simply named it the extra –heel clearance rack. The old
touring bikes had longer geometries so the bags tended to be further back. A lot of the newer bikes
that people convert for touring are just to short in the chain length dimension. Good Luck and have
fun in any case..

Dave Sisson Jandd Mountaineering

"David Sisson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If you are having heel clearance problems and have a hardtail try the Jandd Expedition rack. The
> name is a misleading as it was designed to give an additional 3 inches of room by extending the
> rack backwards.

3" is enough extra room even for me; I'll look for it. With her old-school bike, she had clearance
but I didn't. Currently, neither of us does.

> In retrospect I should have simply named it the extra -heel clearance rack. The old touring bikes
> had longer geometries so the bags tended to be further back. A lot of the newer bikes that people
> convert for touring are just to short in the chain length dimension. Good Luck and have fun in
> any case..
>
> Dave Sisson Jandd Mountaineering

Thanks. BTW, our open-topped Panniers are Jandd too. Good stuff.

David