target bikes

john62

Guest
so, has anyone bought a bike a target? i've bought like 5 of them there, and they keep breaking...
i'm wondering if it's just me or if other ppl have had this problem..

East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

On 23 Jun 2003 21:03:40 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

>so, has anyone bought a bike a target? i've bought like 5 of them there, and they keep breaking...
>i'm wondering if it's just me or if other ppl have had this problem..

You'll have that.

Me, I don't go into the Target store in my town. They have a sign on the door, and it says: "ONLY
SERVICE ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING".

Rules is rules.

> so, has anyone bought a bike a target? i've bought like 5 of them there, and they keep breaking...
> i'm wondering if it's just me or if other ppl have had this problem..

You're a troll, right?

If you're seriously asking (and not trolling), yes, department-store bargain bikes are prone to
breakage. They're heavy, and use inferior parts and are usually poorly setup (bearings sloppy or too
tight, components loose and/or misadjusted, brakes not adjusted properly, etc.)

That said, I've seen many department-store bikes last years and years. For light riding, with
scrupulous maintenance, even a $50 Walmart Special could last for decades.

But anybody who is at all serious about riding (and not having break-downs in the middle of nowhere)
will quickly learn why you don't see too many department store bikes on the trails and in club
rides. They're not made for heavy use.

Barry

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote:
: Me, I don't go into the Target store in my town. They have a sign on the door, and it says: "ONLY
: SERVICE ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED IN THIS BUILDING".

mine says "TARGET DOES NOT ALLOW GUNS ON PREMISES." damn minnesota concealed carry law. 2" high
letters black on white as law demands.

: Rules is rules.

so, check. only unarmed service animals in minnesota.
--
david reuteler [email protected]