UK and Europe · Public discussion

Tarka Trail - What's the surface like ?

Started by David Lowther · · Last activity · 2 posts · 474 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
13 February 2005
Last activity
13 February 2005
Original author
David Lowther
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
474
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I'd like to know what the surface is like on the Tarka Trail
    from Barnstaple through Bideford and on to OS SS 491 144
    (about 18 miles out of Barnstaple). I'm intending to ride this
    section next month.

    I'm trying to decide which bike to use. The tyres fitted to the
    3 bikes are: 23 (light tourer), 28 (super galaxy),
    48 mm (off road front sus).

    Thanks in advance for any information.

    --
    Dave Lowther
    E-mail [email hidden]
    Drop the rconham to reply by e-mail.
    Web http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/local.htm

  2. Hi Dave

    Tarka Trail is mainly tightly packed pea-gravel. No problem at all for 25mm
    light tourer tyres.

    Enjoy the ride!

    Regards

    --
    From: Bob Mansbridge
    [email hidden]

    "David Lowther" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi,

    I'd like to know what the surface is like on the Tarka Trail
    from Barnstaple through Bideford and on to OS SS 491 144
    (about 18 miles out of Barnstaple). I'm intending to ride this
    section next month.

    I'm trying to decide which bike to use. The tyres fitted to the
    3 bikes are: 23 (light tourer), 28 (super galaxy),
    48 mm (off road front sus).

    Thanks in advance for any information.

    --
    Dave Lowther
    E-mail [email hidden]
    Drop the rconham to reply by e-mail.
    Web http://www.dlowther.demon.co.uk/local.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.