Tattoo fans maybe?

None for me either, it's a free world if you want get one, problem though is when you get older the ink fades and looks awful, of course you can have them touched up ever so often; in addition to that you may be slapping yourself silly 20 years afterwards wondering what drove you to mark up your body the way you did! Sure laser can get some of the ink off but it can't take all of it off, and laser cost more than the tattoo did. Also they're a lot of employers that won't hire someone with visible tats or limit you how far you can move up; and now another problem also has risen recently in that a discovery was made that tats make you more susceptible to skin cancer.

None for me either, it's a free world if you want get one, problem though is when you get older the ink fades and looks awful, of course you can have them touched up ever so often; in addition to that you may be slapping yourself silly 20 years afterwards wondering what drove you to mark up your body the way you did! Sure laser can get some of the ink off but it can't take all of it off, and laser cost more than the tattoo did. Also they're a lot of employers that won't hire someone with visible tats or limit you how far you can move up; and now another problem also has risen recently in that a discovery was made that tats make you more susceptible to skin cancer.

Very Interesting opinon. Thanks.
But I`d like to have little memorial combined with bike themed tattoo dedicated to my granfather, who was very close to me an who tought me how to ride a bike.

I have tattoos..I enjoy having them and I know that you get what you pay for. A well done tattoo will stay bright for years and look great. Maybe it's the Marine in me....but I have zero objections to tattoos or the folks that wear them.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB
I don't have any tattoos but I've seen some nice ones and believe if they are tastefully done they are pretty cool. I may get one someday that will have the BC guy on the wheel.

Hello.

What do you think about tattoos in general? Do you have any?

Share please :)

Being that I'm artistic and self taught, I love the artistic expression of tattoos. Also very cautious of the likelihood a tattoo could lead to staph infection if not done by a place with high sanitary standards. I don't have a tattoo yet but I plan to get one on my left calf due to a scar I inherited from my experience mountain biking up at North Star Tahoe for the first time. You can read about that here. See the pic of the tattoo I'm interested in and let me know what you think, also share any insight on what this tribal tattoo could mean.
68b802551a90632c3e12f9a955917592.jpg

Reactions: CyclingJunkies
I'm not into having the latest fad because all fads eventually run their course and become out of date, and there's nothing like getting your body with stuff then in 20 or so years two things will probably happen; 1) You'll beat yourself silly wishing you hadn't gotten a certain tat or tats; and 2) it goes out of style and now you look like a silly old man, imagine what you would think if some older man came up driving a 77 Corvette (we called those disco Vettes!) stepping out of the car with a polyester suit and polyester shirt that has designs on intended to glow under a black light and left unbuttoned half way down to about the middle of the chest, wearing polyester elephant bell pants, and lots of gold chains hanging down around his neck, what would people think of someone dressed like that?
upload_2017-3-19_16-4-56.png

Now picture this same photo with a guy in his 70's and upward stepping out of his 77 Vette in todays world at a mall looking every bit the age of 70, what would people would be saying.

upload_2017-3-19_16-12-9.png

or this woman dressed like this except she's now in her 70's looking nothing remote physically like the woman above. This is what tattoos will eventually make people look like when their older, completely out of style along with faded tats that look like a mess because you can't distinguish what the images looked like originally.

But the worst thing is now they have proof that tattoos destroy your sweat glands; read this: http://www.bicycling.com/training/h...b991&md5hash=ba9e4832f24f0569439f7652ec809053

In addition to that there a host of other issues like swelling and burning when a tat person undergoes an MRI; there are cancer causing components in the ingredients of the ink, especially black ink, that have been linked to skin, lung, bladder, liver, and stomach cancers; you might want to read this: https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/are-tattoos-safe-cancer-risk/

I just can't think of any good reason to destroy sweat glands, and increase my risk of various types of cancers.

I do think some tats are pretty good work of arts. Would I want one? Hell no!

I don't think there is any one thing I would want stamped on my body that I would care to view every single day of my life. Heck, I can barely stand looking in the mirror in the morning.

Few things I do hate! Girls with tats ruining their natural cleavage appeal. Girls with a tat on the back of the neck, anywhere on the neck, behind the ear or on the forearm like a sailor. EEEGADS!!! Or a full arm sleeve on a chick! Yuck!

Full sleeves on a dude? I don't give a damn cause I don't look at them to admire them. Dudes can make themselves as ugly as they like! :D

I have tattoos all over both arms and i love them, each one represents something! It's the inner me shown on the outer me!

I have tattoos..I enjoy having them and I know that you get what you pay for. A well done tattoo will stay bright for years and look great. Maybe it's the Marine in me....but I have zero objections to tattoos or the folks that wear them.

This is true in the sense that some has got some likeness for tattoos which is really good as long as I'm concerned. However, the place I was raised is one where we got some people not comfortable when we do tattoos and that's the reason I don't have any at the moment.

I have tattoos all over both arms and i love them, each one represents something! It's the inner me shown on the outer me!

Wow! It's amazing to read that you're a tattoo fan. There is this friend that is a drummer that has got a tattoo of a drum on his arm which is a way to show that he enjoys doing what he likes.

I've been watching some tours and watching how some riders display their tattoos always make me want to be like them and the good thing about having the tattoo is that one get to enjoy the good time of looking special. However, having a tattoo on my body is a dream I'm hopeful will come to pass soon.

I have a plan to have one at my back, and it's gonna be my zodiac sign. I'm a fan of that zodiac tattoo. Well for me it's art. We should know how to appreciate the tattoos as an art, specially the tattoo artist.

I don't see myself having a tattoo but I really admire people who have a great vision for tattoo that looks great for their body and tattooed on good locations in their body.

I don't see myself having a tattoo but I really admire people who have a great vision for tattoo that looks great for their body and tattooed on good locations in their body.

I admire and as well wish to be having those cute tattoos on my body as soon as I can. The series of instructional videos that I've watched on cycling have always had some lads draw tattoos on their body and I would say that it is really nice to have such on the skin as well.