Tattoo fans maybe?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by dagg990, Feb 7, 2017.

1. dagg990

dagg990 New Member

Hello.

What do you think about tattoos in general? Do you have any?

Share please :)

Tags:

2. CyclingJunkies

None for me and no intention of getting any; but admire the artistic talent of good tattooists. :)

3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

None for me either, it's a free world if you want get one, problem though is when you get older the ink fades and looks awful, of course you can have them touched up ever so often; in addition to that you may be slapping yourself silly 20 years afterwards wondering what drove you to mark up your body the way you did! Sure laser can get some of the ink off but it can't take all of it off, and laser cost more than the tattoo did. Also they're a lot of employers that won't hire someone with visible tats or limit you how far you can move up; and now another problem also has risen recently in that a discovery was made that tats make you more susceptible to skin cancer.

4. dagg990

dagg990 New Member

Very Interesting opinon. Thanks.
    But I`d like to have little memorial combined with bike themed tattoo dedicated to my granfather, who was very close to me an who tought me how to ride a bike.

5. Motosonic

Motosonic Member

I have tattoos..I enjoy having them and I know that you get what you pay for. A well done tattoo will stay bright for years and look great. Maybe it's the Marine in me....but I have zero objections to tattoos or the folks that wear them.

CAMPYBOB likes this.
  6. DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp New Member

I don't have any tattoos but I've seen some nice ones and believe if they are tastefully done they are pretty cool. I may get one someday that will have the BC guy on the wheel.

7. Troy S.

Troy S. New Member

Being that I'm artistic and self taught, I love the artistic expression of tattoos. Also very cautious of the likelihood a tattoo could lead to staph infection if not done by a place with high sanitary standards. I don't have a tattoo yet but I plan to get one on my left calf due to a scar I inherited from my experience mountain biking up at North Star Tahoe for the first time. You can read about that here. See the pic of the tattoo I'm interested in and let me know what you think, also share any insight on what this tribal tattoo could mean. 68b802551a90632c3e12f9a955917592.jpg

CyclingJunkies likes this.
  8. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I'm not into having the latest fad because all fads eventually run their course and become out of date, and there's nothing like getting your body with stuff then in 20 or so years two things will probably happen; 1) You'll beat yourself silly wishing you hadn't gotten a certain tat or tats; and 2) it goes out of style and now you look like a silly old man, imagine what you would think if some older man came up driving a 77 Corvette (we called those disco Vettes!) stepping out of the car with a polyester suit and polyester shirt that has designs on intended to glow under a black light and left unbuttoned half way down to about the middle of the chest, wearing polyester elephant bell pants, and lots of gold chains hanging down around his neck, what would people think of someone dressed like that?
    upload_2017-3-19_16-4-56.png

Now picture this same photo with a guy in his 70's and upward stepping out of his 77 Vette in todays world at a mall looking every bit the age of 70, what would people would be saying.

upload_2017-3-19_16-12-9.png
    or this woman dressed like this except she's now in her 70's looking nothing remote physically like the woman above. This is what tattoos will eventually make people look like when their older, completely out of style along with faded tats that look like a mess because you can't distinguish what the images looked like originally.

But the worst thing is now they have proof that tattoos destroy your sweat glands; read this: http://www.bicycling.com/training/h...b991&md5hash=ba9e4832f24f0569439f7652ec809053

In addition to that there a host of other issues like swelling and burning when a tat person undergoes an MRI; there are cancer causing components in the ingredients of the ink, especially black ink, that have been linked to skin, lung, bladder, liver, and stomach cancers; you might want to read this: https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/are-tattoos-safe-cancer-risk/

I just can't think of any good reason to destroy sweat glands, and increase my risk of various types of cancers.