tattoos??

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by guitarplyr2080, Sep 29, 2003.

1. velomanct

velomanct New Member

there is a guy i ride with on the group ride who has full arm tatoos. i call him long sleeves.

2. amorevelo

amorevelo New Member

I've spent a lot of time designing my arm, stomach, and back. I feel that my spirit is released in my art. I love my tats, my girl loves my tats, and everyone that I know coments on how original they are. Some people think that it's defacement and then there are other who see it for what it really is. Would you tell Michelangelo that he was defacing the Sisteen chapel? Same thing here. Btw thanks for your input.

3. Kona_Blue

Kona_Blue New Member

I agree, especially chicks ? It's down there with hipster jeans with the G-String sticking out the top.

4. stevek

stevek New Member

why wear clothes that are other then utility why wear makeup or jewelry. people have worn tatoo's for about as long as there have bene people.

5. OldGeezer

OldGeezer New Member

You can change clothes, clean off the makeup and remove the jewelry.

If you like tattos, more power to you. I wasn't making a value judgement when I said I couldn't understand why anyone would want a tatto. I still don't!

6. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Correct. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or any other overused crappy cliche). Have a couple, wouldn't might getting a few more. Possibly bike-themed. Also like kittycats and beer.

Yes, an image is forming. Hello Kitty, on bike, waving around a stubbie of Cascade Premium Lager in her left paw. Perfect.;)

7. shokhead1

shokhead1 New Member

Lets see,my dad has a horse shoe with a horses head in it on one shoulder and a butterfly on his leg,above his knee,thats how other riders knew who he was and below his knee, a list of about 8 places he was in ww2 after he left PH.

8. JuneBug

JuneBug New Member

I want one that says ''CARB UP.' somewhere serious.

LOL

9. Madone

Madone New Member

Have 3 on 1 arm and 2 on the other got a common pather with snake rapped around it, then the others are a Zulu warrior, an indain squaw, a roman gladiator and a aztec indian, had then all done in the 12mths followinf my 18th brithday, I'm 43 now, don't know why I picked the designs, the where all done with single needle, so each took between 2 and 4 hours, as i recall the pain last for the first few secounds after that its quite a pleasurable experience (IMHO). After 25 yrs I'm seriously considering a large celtic stlye on either my clalf or thigh, have never once regretted having them done.

10. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Try to have ya lips tatoooooooooood or ya eyelids!

11. djg21

djg21 New Member

I have a 6" tat of the "Tiger" from Jerry's "Tiger" guitar on the outside of my left lower leg. The only downside is having to be careful to use copious amounts of sunscreen while riding!

12. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

That's a tad too Wacko Jacko for most....:eek:

13. alicem

alicem New Member

Hummmm

should I even bother to ask why this poll is on the site except for the funny story re 'long sleeve' ? How actually has any tat got to do with a cycling forum? Yeah, I have one but it isn't anything to do with me on my wheels, just me personally. I really don't get the significance. Maybe I should start with a thread on who has their eye pierced.....not how it affects their riding (cough, splutter, rise up from that saddle Ladies and Gents'

Alice x

14. alicem

alicem New Member

Any idea of who won the Rugby Champ.? Yep most came from my home turf....Go TIGERS (think Leicester, United Kingdom)

Yes, nothing to do with cycling but for what it's worth not much is right now hence my comment!!!!

I'd fancy a Panther actually, not that I would have one tattooed on!

Alice x

15. James Thomas

James Thomas New Member

Yep.....got one. Tribal arm band on my left arm around the bicep. I've considered others but they would have to be well thought out. I find that they interfere with one's professional image when mingling with a more conservative crowd. oh well........too late now!

16. alicem

alicem New Member

Stop cracking me up g/f!!!!!

Michael Boogerd grin in order now

:D

Alice xxx

(sweet revenge yet having to hit any key as to not make a typo as am creasing up big time........~clearing throat~......and your 'eye'?.........how would that sound (not going into the sensation, I am sure you would need a Festina Doctor by your side for that one) but it could be converted from a regular japs to any form you choose.......I know someone who braved it and app has the living proof despite refusing to look!!!!!!)

17. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Individual and/or cultural expression Alice. Um, why can't people ask a question about stuff that interests them? Cyclists are a culturally diverse tribe, not one size fits all. Makes life more fun.

18. surferchix

surferchix New Member

wanna talk tender? I have a dragonfly the size of my hand extended on my right side below my arm pit. wraps around my side 4 hours of pain. but definately worth every second.

19. taras0000

taras0000 New Member

No tattoo for me. yet. but am seriously considering a brand.

20. flyingdutch

flyingdutch New Member

the thought occured to me a few months ago...

Get the big ring mark tattooed permanently onto my right calf, as Hitchy mentions above

riding a bike is about the only thing close to religion in my life so seems fitting somehow

Just gotta get the time (and does anyone know where good to go in the inner eastern suburbs???)