tattoos??

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by guitarplyr2080, Sep 29, 2003.

1. JuneBug

JuneBug New Member

I thought you rugged Aussies just branded that chain ring on.
    heat 'er up and SssssZZZZZZZSSssszzzzZ!!!

2. stevek

stevek New Member

god who would want to get burned? been there done that have the scars and the skin grafts. more pain then anything else and very long to heal up.
    3rd dgree is fun no pain at all till they remove the dead tissue. I remember they removed it at night. whe I got out of bed and the bood went down to my leg I screamed and jumped back in bed. pierces are bad enough.

3. angrydave

angrydave New Member

Methinks Junebug is a bit sadistic...or masochistic...

4. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Nah, we're a very civilised mob. The closest most of us come to being burnt is accidently tipping over the first cafe latte of the day.

Being scorched ain't fun though, still have scars on wrist from nasty kitchen accident involving flaming olive oil. :(

5. alicem

alicem New Member

OMG:eek: You are so right re my post. I am cringing reading it back as it sounds so harsh! Oops, was only meaning to ask a question and not a blunt point!!!! Sorry about that, it was my sleep deprived night. ~creeping away~

Alice x

6. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Oh, go do Three Hail Marys & everything gonna be fine. :D

On the subject of tatts, did toy with the idea about having a bicycle drivetrain design. Then it got complicated. Double or road triple? Hub gears, singlespeed or a derailleur? Sram chain or....?

Gave up when I realised my upper arms were (still are) far too skinny for the proposed design. Not sure about tatts on legs or below the elbow, it's a girly thing.

7. alicem

alicem New Member

8. JuneBug

JuneBug New Member

I went so far as to get to the tattoo parlor with a friend who got a Jester on his left calf. ...very cool...very colorful. I looked thru the tatooo book and saw flames. flames! cool. but where to put them?? SO I sat and considered out loud that I would put them on the small of my back, rather discreetly.
    Of course that was quite embarrassing. Flames coming out of your butt. yeah. Why not a monkey!!!!!????

so I never got the tatoo.

9. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Wrong lips darlin' - cylists are slightly different from the norm .. there is no significance - people just do what they do AND cycle!

10. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

ah, come on, alice's atoned for her sins. now back to bikes, tattoos, branding, piercing and other forms of wholesome healthly goodness.;)

11. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Good on ya - yep, as long as a person can ride I don't give a rats backside if they are sky blue bloody pink!!!!

12. alicem

alicem New Member

Funny how a sleep deranged post can come back to bite me on the bum isn't it?!

Hell yeah, I have atoned. I made my pilgramage to Santiago De Compostella whipping my naked back and dragging a mahogany cross that was attached by a spiked chain to my left foot whilst in bare feet. My other hand was firmly stuck to the laptop keyboard though so here I am. Named and shamed; pious, tattoed with a branded back that makes me look like an walking S&M fan who went too far yet still aching to ride all the same !!!! Looking around for an alter boy, oops, I meant bike shop ~innocent look~ Alice :p

13. Nitromike

Nitromike New Member

Leave them poor alter boys alone, they have enough problems fending off the priests.

14. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Mmmm, Alice, you show an natural aptitude to be a brilliant singlespeeder. Pointless rituals, suffering, beer, full sleeve tattoos, 42:16, a whole new world awaits....

15. Cowboyathlete

Cowboyathlete New Member

If I could ever justify the cost of a tattoo, I would get the tattoo of the patch from Wrangler cowboy cut jeans right on my ass. :D

16. byron27

byron27 New Member

can a tattoo be anymore real, any more a representation of you, than a scar?
    ive got heaps of those and they tell more about me than any tattoo i would ever get.

17. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Is a scar something a man likes in a woman? Mmmmmmmm doubt most don't like that. Could I whip out my scared knees, head or leg and hope for a "wooooooow, love that .. scar .." What do you think? Are biking dudes more acceptable of a "less than perfect" mate??? All I can say is "I hope so .."

18. mdombrowski99

mdombrowski99 New Member

You think that your stomach hurt. Try having a tattoo that fills in over your nipple.

19. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Did they peeeeeeeeeel you off the ceiling ..

20. kmccormic22

kmccormic22 New Member

I would love to get another tat, especially one related to cycling!! It's the love of my life, why not protray that in body art?