tattoos??

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by guitarplyr2080, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Trivia ..

Captain Cook was the first Captain/seaman to bring back to England the artform of tatooing from Tahiti!

2. blackpurse

blackpurse New Member

Well I have scars and tats. Skinned knee scars from chilhood, and I wear my c-section scars proudly. Tats of fuscias on my left shoulder cascading down my breast, back, and upper arm. Goin to commemorate massive weight loss by putting something (to be determined) 'round my c-section scars....

Ohh, those fucias hurt like the dickens when they were going in the inside of the breast.

Fucias are significant to me. My mom always had a basket of them hanging from the porch when I was growing up; I got the tats shortly after she died.

3. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

You rock, seriously. While on the subject of girly scars, tatts & cycling I've got another tatt design I would like after the Hello Kitty (see above), and that would be a Blue Sun Orchid. These were native near where I grew up in Tasmania. That was until a sub division was built up on the hill & destroyed the lot.

4. Brunswick_kate

Brunswick_kate New Member

Yup, totem animal on the upper left arm, just under the point of my shoulder. Wouldn't mind another one but as people have noted, it's got to be something you want with you on the autopsy table, so I'm going to take my time.

I took nearly 30 years to come up with the first one but I don't regret it in the least.

5. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

Blackpurse

What a wonderful way to celebrate your mum - that flower is my mum's favourite also - brilliant! I am not that brave; but, I did make a stanied glass window of orchids for my brothers passing - his favourite flower!

6. mrowkoob

mrowkoob New Member

The only cycling tatoos I have are asphalt made.....

7. ejglows

ejglows New Member

Does it have to be cycling related? Mine is in a place where the asphalt hopefully NEVER touches...on my sternum. As far as a tattoo making you go faster, mine is a sanskrit religious symbol and when you have the `power that holds the heavens and earth together` of COURSE you go faster!

e

8. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

Tats are for wimps.

I've got a Prince Albert!

I'd post a photo, but I don't think it would be considered appropo here.

TD

9. p38lightning

p38lightning New Member

I have always admired them but think that they would look bad on my dark hairy arms! At 56 I'm not likely to get any either, count yourselves lucky. I notice that most of the young guys at the local shops have plenty along with an assortment of earings eyebrow piercings and other sundry body hardware. Vive La Differance!

P.S. What are those "tongue balls" for?..........Like I didn't know!

10. pinkcycle

pinkcycle New Member

[Hello - I have 3 tatoos. One arm band, one lower back and one on my ankle. I love them all, but sometimes wish I'd thought about the arm band a bit more before doing it. I find that sometimes people make unfair assumptions about a woman with an arm band...

11. Michael Pisarri

Michael Pisarri New Member

i never really wanted a tattoo except for one. my father was in (and completed) the ironman hawaii. he has a small tattoo right above his left ankle as a badge of courage type deal. if i ever completed a race like that i would get one of those tattoos shortly afterwards.

12. Lily

Lily New Member

I don't have any tattoos, but I want a little one..

13. birdman23

birdman23 New Member

Do I dare ask what a "Prince Albert" is??

14. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

You probably dare not.

I suggest a web search- "Prince Albert piercing"

TD

15. gntlmn

gntlmn New Member

I had to have surgery on my finger a couple of months ago due to a riding accident. The surgeon asked me before the operation whether I had ever had tattoos or body piercings. I answered no, and they seemed relieved. I think if you have had these, they have to assure themselves that you have not contracted some kind of infection or hepatitus. There must be some medical reason they ask. I have a feeling it must have something to do with complications. At any rate, I was glad to answer no.

16. KakenBetaal

KakenBetaal New Member

LOL, I know someone who had their eyeliner tattooed on. My missus wanted it done straight away after seeing her.

17. Salsa Rider

Salsa Rider New Member

Got several, all tribal. I was thinking about tattooing the mark the chainring leaves on your calf after you lean on it by accident (on every ride)

18. gdiza

gdiza New Member

Hi,

I only want 1 Tattoo, the GDI logo from Tiberian Sun.
    I dunno if i'll ever get it but i want that tattoo, also dunno where i want to put it. probably on the top of my arm (dunno left or right)

19. Chester1

Chester1 New Member

I hate tatoos..especially on women. Maybe I'm just getting old?

20. tyler_derden

tyler_derden New Member

I agree completely. I'm not big on piercings either.

There is nothing a human being can come up with to improve the beauty of a human body. Every modification merely detracts from its beauty.

Except of course, shaving!

TD

PS- I don't really have a Prince Albert.