tattoos??

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by guitarplyr2080, Sep 29, 2003.

1. cyclenthusias44

Wher would you like to place the tattoo?

2. cyclenthusias44

What do you mean by art? I think you wanted to say that it's a result of creativity.

3. cyclenthusias44

I think that the tattoos on the forearms look beautiful.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Not really, I do not have enough dedication to have something on my body marked for the rest of my life. People take them, sure, and I have no problems with that, but for me, I can't even have the same wallpaper on my computer for more than a week without getting bored with it and having to switch it to another one. You can't do that with tattoos, as it's painful, expensive, and permanent. All a lose-lose situation for me.

5. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

I agree with you. I have a 'star' mark tattoos on my forearms and I must say that it looks amazing. Almost everyone takes a second glance to it after the accidental first one. Many people have said me that the design of the tattoo is amazing and it feels really good to listen to the appreciation.

6. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

No, it's not permanent. Well, technology has evolved and you can erase your tattoo whenever you want to because of the newly launched laser technology. I have already used the laser technology and I can say you that all the rumors about the side effects are false. It's completely safe to use the laser technology to erase the tattoo.

7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I don't think I'm capable of having tattoos, because I change my decisions pretty quickly. I wouldn't be able to handle a lifetime commitment with something like a tattoo, as you would have to live with your decision for the rest of your life, you would be able to see it everyday, and you wouldn't be able to change it or remove it without painful and expensive laser treatments. So it's basically a lose-lose situation for me, since I can't even handle having the same wallpaper on my computer for a week without getting sick of looking at it.

8. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I'm not a big fan of tattoos but I did like the ones that many Olympic athletes did when they celebrated going there. After all for most it's a once in a life time experience.

9. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

I've got a permanent chainring (7 teeth from a 53) on the inside of my right calf.
    I don't have a photo handy.

10. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

It's hilarious, haha! You have given a perfect name to your friend. I have seen several guys with full arm tattoos. One or two tattoos are okay but full sleeves tattoos look weird, isn't it?

11. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Nope, I am the type who has no intention of being committed to a mark on your body for the rest of my life. I can't even set my computer wallpaper up for more than a week without changing them. I would get eventually sick of everything, and would replace them, and with tattoos, it's pretty hard to do, and expensive as well, so I'd rather not get that commitment in the first place. I don't mind people with tattoos though, because let's face it, it's their body they are marking, not mine. Why should I care?

12. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

Laser technology certainly has come a long way, but it's still not perfect, there will always be some scaring or even a very light hue of the tattoo that you had. Most people just opt to cover the old tattoo with a new one.

13. neednoexcuse

neednoexcuse Member

I agree with the fact that laser technology has not developed but still, they work perfectly. Many of my friends have used the technology for removing the tattoos from the various part. It does not completely clear the tattoo but still, it is worth the money you pay for. The tattoo is not visible, at least.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

That's how come it's very important for you to choose well your tattoo. It shouldn't be seen as something that you can just wash off and there you go. The ink might have gone but there will always be some scaring.

15. topazann

topazann New Member

I have one and want get next . I was thinking of getting a tattoo and having it relate to mountain biking.I dont know why tattoo must be black..I like bright colors, certainly it should be stylish and elegant.

16. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Before you tat you should read this and anything else you can find: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-ink-enter-blood-accumulate-major-organs.html

Keep in mind that tats are a fad right now, what happens in say 10 years it's no longer a fad? Then you'll look like an outstyle silly old man or woman 40 years from now. Be kind of like a person who was a teen and early 20 something in the late 70's still wearing their disco clothes and hair style! Or let's say they don't go out of style but the stuff you had done either no longer looks good or you wish you had never gotten the ones you have, then what? Sure you could have them removed but some colors just can't be removed.