Tax free cycle purchase

Tony B

Guest
Can anyone provide a link to a decsription of this scheme please, Google
seems to have failed me!!

tia,

Tony b

"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tony B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Can anyone provide a link to a decsription of this scheme please, Google
>> seems to have failed me!!
>>
>> tia,
>>
>> Tony b

> http://www.booost.uk.com/ It's not a great site though.

and booost is an independant company who are providing a one-stop
management of the government scheme. Organisations could
choose to run the scheme themselves if they wanted to.

i think the scheme seems unnecessarily complicated and rather well hidden,
almost like they dont want anyone to actually make use of it.
what if you work for a small firm who cant be bothered/afford to shell out
the cash to buy the bike, and then claim back the tax and money from the
employee.

micky

---

An employee's pack is readily available but trying getting hold of the
employer's one. This looks like an excellent scheme which means you can get more
for your money, the deal being is that you are leasing the bike with the option
to buy at the end

David

Tony B wrote:

> Can anyone provide a link to a decsription of this scheme please,
> Google seems to have failed me!!

Timely question - I'm trying to get our HR folks to do the same :)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington
University

On 17/9/04 9:39 am, in article [email protected], "Just zis Guy,
you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tony B wrote:
>
>> Can anyone provide a link to a decsription of this scheme please,
>> Google seems to have failed me!!

> Timely question - I'm trying to get our HR folks to do the same :)

search for ir176 which is the inland revenue notice. Note to self: must
chase up our personnel again over this. I'm nearing the 'need a new
commuter' time.

...d

David Martin <[email protected]> wrote:

: search for ir176 which is the inland revenue notice. Note to self: must
: chase up our personnel again over this. I'm nearing the 'need a new
: commuter' time.

If you get anywhere, can you post back? We tried to get our HR department
to go with this scheme (selling it via the computer side) but they
didn't want the work.

- Paulina Borsook

I work for a small firm and they've been running the scheme for about 3
years now. They pay for the bike and it gets deducted from your gross salary
thereby saving the tax. We also get £2 a day for not parking cars in the
company car park. It's handy having a financial director who's a keen
cyclist.
news:[email protected]...