Taxi Moron

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Mason, Jun 6, 2003.

  1. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    Yesterday morning on the way to work I had to turn right into a side street. Looked behind and there
    was a private hire car a few metres back. Stuck out my right arm and moved out into centre of the
    road, checked back and the bull headed Engerland fan decided he'd overtake and turn right at the
    same time as me.

    I stopped moving out and kept parallel to his Mondeo and his rear aerial struck my outstretched
    right arm. This seemed to annoy him and as soon as we had turned right he stopped and wound his
    window down. I shouted at him "Do you overtake a vehicle indicating right?". Mr Moron just bust
    several brain blood vessels shouting a stream of incomprehensible obscenities as I rode off.

    I looked behind as he revved up his engine, so I baled out up someone's drive as he sounded his
    horn and vanished in a cloud of black Diesel smoke, a full day's work, stuck in traffic jams
    sat in a sweltering car no doubt in store for him. I think I actually felt sorry for him,
    instead of angry.

  2. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... ...
    > I stopped moving out and kept parallel to his Mondeo and his rear aerial
    > struck my outstretched right arm. This seemed to annoy him and as soon as
    we
    > had turned right he stopped and wound his window down. I shouted at him
    "Do
    > you overtake a vehicle indicating right?".

    Sounds like a rather restrained response. I think some might rather have been inclined to detach the
    aerial instead....

    Rich

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... ...
    > > I stopped moving out and kept parallel to his Mondeo and his rear aerial
    > > struck my outstretched right arm. This seemed to annoy him and as soon as
    > we
    > > had turned right he stopped and wound his window down. I shouted at him
    > "Do
    > > you overtake a vehicle indicating right?".
    >
    > Sounds like a rather restrained response. I think some might rather have been inclined to detach
    > the aerial instead....

    It's best not to poke a bulldog with a stick when he's got a bigger bite than you! Simon

  4. "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... ...
    > It's best not to poke a bulldog with a stick when he's got a bigger bite
    than you!

    True! I wouldn't have detached the aerial myself either, since I tend to bear the idiocy of others
    calmly rather than get too angry about it (at least so long as I've been able to take evasive action
    without damage or injury!) - but to go by what others on this NG claim to have done at times I'm
    sure others would!

    Rich

  5. "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Sounds like a rather restrained response. I think some might rather have been inclined to detach
    > the aerial instead....

    I suppose it would hit the idiot where it *hurts* - in the *wallet* (no comms = no business) ; but
    he (and perhaps his colleagues) would probably go looking for revenge and taxi drivers tend to drive
    around the same places quite regularly.

    Furthermore you may get more than you bargained for if he is transmitting at the time. RF burns
    are *nasty*!

    Alex