Taylor Phinney: NO MEDAL

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gold-
> medal-pursuit-duel
>
> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> didn't even make the top 5.
>
> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until
> the London Games?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

He probably slowed down in the corners.

--
Bill Asher

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gold-medal-p
> ursuit-duel
>
> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> didn't even make the top 5.
>
> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
> London Games?

If he enrols at IU, would he be eligible for the Little 500?

> In article <[email protected]>,
> MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gold-medal-p
>> ursuit-duel
>>
>> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
>> didn't even make the top 5.
>>
>> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
>> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
>> London Games?

> If he enrols at IU, would he be eligible for the Little 500?

I think you have to either be a cat 3 or cat 4 or lower.

On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
>
> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> didn't even make the top 5.
>
> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
> London Games?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
>>
>>Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
>>didn't even make the top 5.
>>
>>So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
>>continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
>>London Games?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Magilla

> Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL. And he likely won't
medal in the Olympics either. So is he going to skip college or not -
that's the question.

You people read into things too much. I don't make implications. I say
what I mean and I mean what I say.

Magilla

On Mar 26, 11:13 pm, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...

> >>Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> >>didn't even make the top 5.

> >>So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> >>continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
> >>London Games?

> >>Thanks,

> >>Magilla

> > Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

> I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL.  And he likely won't
> medal in the Olympics either.  So is he going to skip college or not -
> that's the question.
>
> You people read into things too much.  I don't make implications.  I say
> what I mean and I mean what I say.
>
> Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Did I say anything about whether YOU said he sucked or not??? Don't
read into my words, dumbass. YOU asked a question, I said he sucked.
The only difference is that YOU were in fact trying to imply something
about mini-Phinney, whereas I was making fun of you.

On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
>
> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> didn't even make the top 5.
>
> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
> London Games?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Magilla

BTW, did you see the recent video of Rebecca Romero, a pursuiter for
the British team? I did, and can you believe the gall of that woman,
spreading the unsubstantiated rumor that you gain speed in the corners
of a velodrome!!!! No wonder she only won a silver medal in the
women's pursuit last year, she was too busy trying to figure out how
to capitalize on the natural speed increase in the corners instead of
just pedalling her damn bike. What a dumbass! Everyone knows you
slow down in corners, especially on the track.

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
> >>
> >>Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
> >>didn't even make the top 5.
> >>
> >>So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
> >>continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
> >>London Games?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Magilla

> > Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

> I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL. And he likely won't
> medal in the Olympics either. So is he going to skip college or not -
> that's the question.
>
> You people read into things too much. I don't make implications. I say
> what I mean and I mean what I say.
>

> Magilla

Sometimes, I see a troll-post this artlessly perfect, and I actually
think we should start an ape-breeding program, and train them to hate
spammers using a Skinner box.

Hey Howard, what should I send to Magilla?

> On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
>>
>>Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
>>didn't even make the top 5.
>>
>>So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
>>continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
>>London Games?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Magilla

> BTW, did you see the recent video of Rebecca Romero, a pursuiter for
> the British team? I did, and can you believe the gall of that woman,
> spreading the unsubstantiated rumor that you gain speed in the corners
> of a velodrome!!!! No wonder she only won a silver medal in the
> women's pursuit last year, she was too busy trying to figure out how
> to capitalize on the natural speed increase in the corners instead of
> just pedalling her damn bike. What a dumbass! Everyone knows you
> slow down in corners, especially on the track.

Well if "Rebecca Romero" said it, then it must be true. I heard Mari
Holden worked on the Manhattan project.

Magilla

http://tinyurl.com/25rqx3

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <rcousine-9C6F13.22345526032008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL. And he likely won't
> > > medal in the Olympics either. So is he going to skip college or not -
> > > that's the question.
> > >
> > > You people read into things too much. I don't make implications. I say
> > > what I mean and I mean what I say.
> > >

> > > Magilla

> > Sometimes, I see a troll-post this artlessly perfect, and I actually
> > think we should start an ape-breeding program, and train them to hate
> > spammers using a Skinner box.
> >
> > Hey Howard, what should I send to Magilla?

> http://tinyurl.com/25rqx3

Tanx, Howard.

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Well if "Rebecca Romero" said it, then it must be true. I heard Mari
> Holden worked on the Manhattan project.

Presumably Tammy Thomas will become one of Ben's graduate astrophysics
students.

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:13:47 -0400, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]>
wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>> On Mar 26, 11:44 am, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gol...
>>>
>>>Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
>>>didn't even make the top 5.
>>>
>>>So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
>>>continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
>>>London Games?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Magilla

>> Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

>I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL.

[snips]
>You people read into things too much.

The all caps make your post dickish.

Thanks,

JT

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:13:47 -0400, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>Yeah, I mean... for a 17 year old first year trackie, he sucks.

>>I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL.

> [snips]
>
>>You people read into things too much.

> The all caps make your post dickish.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JT

I had to do it because of all those "mini-Phinney" lovers who came in
here last time and started talking nonsense about how he was going to be
the next Lance Armstrong in the sport. It was a necessary evil, JT.

Now they know next time they post about Taylor to be careful or the
gorilla will come down on them like a cement mixer.

Magilla

On Mar 27, 11:11 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Now they know next time they post about Taylor to be careful or the
> gorilla will come down on them like a cement mixer.

I think you meant SEMEN MIXER.

Welcome. --D-y

Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.velonews.com/article/73715/wiggins-to-meet-huizenga-in-gold-medal-p
>>>
>>> ursuit-duel
>>>
>>> Okay, I open up the floor to the fusillade of excuses as to why Taylor
>>> didn't even make the top 5.
>>>
>>> So the question is: does he now go to college or skip college and
>>> continue to ride around on a gerbil wheel for another 4 years until the
>>> London Games?

>> If he enrols at IU, would he be eligible for the Little 500?
>>

> I think you have to either be a cat 3 or cat 4 or lower.

Originally there was the Wayne Stetina rule, whereby fraternities which
run the race were tired of being lapped by anyone who had "qualified for
the Olympic team" then there was a rule against Cat 1 & 2's then there
was a rule against W. Harris... and currently I believe there are no
USCF racers allowed at all?

At any rate if Phinney wished to school in Indiana and did not want to
be come a roadie on the hundreds of miles of hills around Bloomington he
would got to Indianapolis's Marian College to build on his recent Junior
"World Record" time.

MTV is basically out the front door and they do cycling...
http://tinyurl.com/ywqvod (Google Satellite of Major Taylor and Marian
College)

In 2007 Marian earned their 10th National Collegiate Track Championship.
http://www.marian.edu/Pages/default.aspx (cycling team featured on homepage)
http://www.marian.edu/athletics/sports/Cycling/Pages/default.aspx

[email protected] wrote:
> Another 4 years of training for 1 brief event? I guess the olympics
> are the peak for trackies.
>
> And why college or training? You can do both.

You can do college at any time.

He's riding the pursuit because if he wants to do the
Olympics, that's what he's got to do. The track bike
goes in the basement as soon as he gets back. If he
wants to pay bills by riding a bike it ain't going to
happen on the track.

Bob Schwartz

In article <[email protected]>,
MagillaGorilla <[email protected]> wrote:

> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:13:47 -0400, MagillaGorilla <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >>I didn't say he sucks. I said he got NO MEDAL.

> > [snips]
> >
> >>You people read into things too much.

> > The all caps make your post dickish.

> I had to do it because of all those "mini-Phinney" lovers who came in
> here last time and started talking nonsense about how he was going to be
> the next Lance Armstrong in the sport. It was a necessary evil, JT.

`Necessary evil'.

> Now they know next time they post about Taylor to be careful or the
> gorilla will come down on them like a cement mixer.

More `necessary evil'?

--
Michael Press