Taylor Phinney signs with BMC Racing Team

Looks like the American won the u23 TT in Geelong. I was following it on live tracker updates, coulnd't watch any of it, but it sounds like he rode real strong in the 2nd part of the stage to take the win. I think it is safe to say that Phinney will do some really good things in 2011 with the BMC squad even before he is legally allowed to drink alcohol in the states.

Originally Posted by pennstater .

Looks like the American won the u23 TT in Geelong. I was following it on live tracker updates, coulnd't watch any of it, but it sounds like he rode real strong in the 2nd part of the stage to take the win. I think it is safe to say that Phinney will do some really good things in 2011 with the BMC squad even before he is legally allowed to drink alcohol in the states.
UCI Road World Championships – Men's under-23 time trial.

1st Phinney
2nd Durbirdge at 2"
3rd Kittel at 24"
4th Olveira at 28"
5th Dennis at 47"

Does Phinney get to wear a Rainbow Jersey to competition now that he's won the U23 worlds? Or are there different rules for that category?

Originally Posted by genedan .

Does Phinney get to wear a Rainbow Jersey to competition now that he's won the U23 worlds? Or are there different rules for that category?
I think Phinney would only wear the rainbow jersey during a TT in an under 23 cycling event since it was that specific discipline he won the gold in. This past year Cadel wore the jersey during road races and FC wore the jersey during TTs, which I think is the same for under 23 champions.