Tchibo city bike

John Hearns

Guest
The Tchibo shop in Surrey Quays shopping centre has a city style bike
for sale for £120.
I though it worth posting to the list as the topic comes up from time to
time.
Aluminium frame, with a front basket and strong rear rack. Kickstand.
The most interesting feature is a rear seven-speed SRAM hub gear
(ie. like an old Sturmey Archer but seven speeds).
Front hub is a Shimano dynahub (generates current for the front and rear
lights), so the bike always has lighting.
The drawback from what I saw was rear suspension. The bike is not
lightweight, but who cares for a city cruiser/shopping bike?

For the more weight concious, there are unicycles still in the shop for
£45. But where do you put your bags of onions and french bread then?

John Hearns <[email protected]>typed

> The drawback from what I saw was rear suspension. The bike is not
> lightweight, but who cares for a city cruiser/shopping bike?

Anyone who has to lug a bike up & down stairs (or on & off
trains) ought to care about weight...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:21:23 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> Anyone who has to lug a bike up & down stairs (or on & off
> trains) ought to care about weight...

Caught like a treen in a disabled spaceship.
The bike is made of depleted uranium, or feels like it.

In article <[email protected]>, John Hearns
([email protected]) wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:21:23 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> >
> > Anyone who has to lug a bike up & down stairs (or on & off
> > trains) ought to care about weight...

> Caught like a treen in a disabled spaceship.

put those cigs down and step way. molesworth

And then there was light and He thought it was good, so He threw the
receipt away.