Tchibo folding bike

wafflycat wrote:
> The Tchibo catalogue arrived today. On the back page is a folding bike
> for £179.00 but on the web site it's £159
>
> See
> http://tinyurl.com/q6lbk

It weighs 17Kgs (~34lbs) - if that was being sold in Aldi it would have
a warning sign on it stating that it should only be lifted by more than
one person, if Aldi were to be consistent.

JimP

--
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after

Jim Price wrote:

> It weighs 17Kgs (~34lbs) - if that was being sold in Aldi it would have
> a warning sign on it stating that it should only be lifted by more than
> one person, if Aldi were to be consistent.

if you haven't already broken your back using the pedals ;-)

In message <[email protected]>, Jim Price
<[email protected]> writes
>wafflycat wrote:
>> The Tchibo catalogue arrived today. On the back page is a folding
>>bike for £179.00 but on the web site it's £159
>> See
>> http://tinyurl.com/q6lbk

>It weighs 17Kgs (~34lbs) - if that was being sold in Aldi it would have
>a warning sign on it stating that it should only be lifted by more than
>one person, if Aldi were to be consistent.

More like 37lbs by my reckoning.

Chunky

Cheers
--
Bob Downie
Downie GeoScience Ltd.

Bob Downie wrote:
> In message <[email protected]>, Jim Price
> <[email protected]> writes
>> It weighs 17Kgs (~34lbs)

> More like 37lbs by my reckoning.

Looks like my tildes are worth ~10% ;)

JimP

--
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to
grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after
all. - DNA

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:19:51 +0100, Bob Downie
<BobMail@downie-geo#n0spam#.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <[email protected]>, Jim Price
><[email protected]> writes
>>wafflycat wrote:
>>> The Tchibo catalogue arrived today. On the back page is a folding
>>>bike for £179.00 but on the web site it's £159
>>> See
>>> http://tinyurl.com/q6lbk

>>It weighs 17Kgs (~34lbs) - if that was being sold in Aldi it would have
>>a warning sign on it stating that it should only be lifted by more than
>>one person, if Aldi were to be consistent.

>More like 37lbs by my reckoning.

That's pretty light by my homebuild stantards, really light in fact.
Still, who cares, I enjoy the beer, copious amounts of it, and I love
the hills too.

Garrry