Tchibo next week

Helen Deborah Vecht

Guest
I think the first week in March is usually when Tchibo sell cycling
stuff, but it would appear some of their kit has not sold well of late.

They have track pumps and heart rate monitors but nothing like the range
they've had previously :-(

<http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/uk/-/GBP/TdUkBrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=preview&source=NAVI>

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I think the first week in March is usually when Tchibo sell cycling
> stuff, but it would appear some of their kit has not sold well of late.
>
> They have track pumps and heart rate monitors but nothing like the range
> they've had previously :-(
>
> <http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/uk/-/GBP/TdUkBrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=preview&source=NAVI>
>
> --
> Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
> Edgware.

Might be something to do with their sizing; my sister has had to send stuff
back because it didn't fir her husband although she swears by their sports
bras - sadly nothing in my size. Also they seem to have no men's size "s" a
lot of the time.
However we have a shop in Salisbury and I commented about it. Apparently
they are doing a major review of clothing sizes for the Uk market so I shall
watch this space though I am tempted by the ladies running tights.

Julia

"JBB" <[email protected]>typed

> Might be something to do with their sizing; my sister has had to send stuff
> back because it didn't fir her husband although she swears by their sports
> bras - sadly nothing in my size. Also they seem to have no men's size "s" a
> lot of the time.

I have *never* seen anything sized for 'S' men at Tchibo. It's quite
difficult to get 'M' stuff for men too.

My partner, whose size is so average that I thought he'd walked out of a
textbook, always ends up getting 'L'...

> However we have a shop in Salisbury and I commented about it. Apparently
> they are doing a major review of clothing sizes for the Uk market so I
> shall
> watch this space though I am tempted by the ladies running tights.

Since they redid their sizes last year, nothing has fitted me well. I
was OK with their old 'L' but I'm too big for M' and too small roun the
waist for 'M'...

--

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> I think the first week in March is usually when Tchibo sell cycling
> stuff, but it would appear some of their kit has not sold well of late.
>
> They have track pumps and heart rate monitors but nothing like the range
> they've had previously :-(

hmmm, maybe they are doing track pumps on the basis of repeat sales
since you are going to need another one soon after buying the first one
from tchibo (such as next time you want to pump up your tyres). I
didn't expect it to be much good for the money but I did imagine it
might be capable of pumping tyres up a bit. Haven't tried anything
else of their range

best wishes
james

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
>> I think the first week in March is usually when Tchibo sell cycling
>> stuff, but it would appear some of their kit has not sold well of late.
>>
>> They have track pumps and heart rate monitors but nothing like the range
>> they've had previously :-(

> hmmm, maybe they are doing track pumps on the basis of repeat sales
> since you are going to need another one soon after buying the first one
> from tchibo (such as next time you want to pump up your tyres). I
> didn't expect it to be much good for the money but I did imagine it
> might be capable of pumping tyres up a bit. Haven't tried anything
> else of their range
>
> best wishes
> james

The track pumps are pretty abysmal (took me about a month to work out how to
actually get my tyres above 100psi) but the bike jersey and performance
shorts are excellent value for money.

"Temp3st" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
>>> I think the first week in March is usually when Tchibo sell cycling
>>> stuff, but it would appear some of their kit has not sold well of late.
>>>
>>> They have track pumps and heart rate monitors but nothing like the range
>>> they've had previously :-(

>> hmmm, maybe they are doing track pumps on the basis of repeat sales
>> since you are going to need another one soon after buying the first one
>> from tchibo (such as next time you want to pump up your tyres). I
>> didn't expect it to be much good for the money but I did imagine it
>> might be capable of pumping tyres up a bit. Haven't tried anything
>> else of their range
>>
>> best wishes
>> james
>>

> The track pumps are pretty abysmal (took me about a month to work out how
> to actually get my tyres above 100psi) but the bike jersey and performance
> shorts are excellent value for money.

I've had a fair bitofstuff frpm them - although not the track pump - and
generally find it better quality than the Lidl/Aldi duo although of course
it tends to be a bit more expensive.
As regards the tights I'll try a 10/12 and if they're too small can give
them to my sister (who is smaller than me!)

Julia