Tchibo this week

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Hearns, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    Tchibo this week has skiing and running specials.

    The thermals and fleece hats look OK. there are face masks, ear warmers and sports glasses.

    The thermal top and running jacket looked good for cycling. The jacket has nylon front and a
    fleece back.

    Tags:

  2. Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.

    I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of phone
    calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order. I was either cut-off from hold or, if I did get
    through, was told no-one could chase an order there and then, but someone would ring me back- no-one
    ever did. I tried email - no response.

    I eventually contacted Tchibo HO and their head of human resources. This did result in Tchibo
    contacting me (at long last). A nice young man apologised profusely for all the trouble I'd had and
    replaced the order for me. It seems my order had "got lost".

    Today... many days after the order was replaced, still nothing arrived...

    So I've been trying to phone/email Tchibo again. Guess what - lots of being on hold and then cut-off
    and no response to emails...

    So I get in contact with the head honcho again. Once again this results in a nice young man from
    Tchibo phoning me.

    Nice young man chases up order - it's gone walkies at the delivery company. So that's twice the same
    order has got lost. If the order was replaced today, the nice young man at Tchibo tells me that he
    cannot guarantee I'll get the order tomorrow. Tchibo doesn't have a system in place for sorting out
    the crap service I've had. As a result, Tchibo cannot supply me with what is needed, so all I get is
    a refund. Far from a positive outcome.

    So, I will not be placing any other orders with Tchibo, even though they do have a nice young man I
    can speak to if I have to get in contact with the head honcho :-(

    Be warned!

    Cheers, helen s

  3. Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.

[...]

  4. Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.

[...]

  5. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >
    > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of phone
    > calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.

    When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    impression I was the only sufferer.

    FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls) which
    was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.

    They are an absolute waste of time.

  6. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >
    > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of phone
    > calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.

    When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    impression I was the only sufferer.

    FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls) which
    was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.

    They are an absolute waste of time.

  7. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >
    > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of phone
    > calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.

    When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    impression I was the only sufferer.

    FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls) which
    was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.

    They are an absolute waste of time.

  8. Temp3st

    Temp3st Guest

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    > >
    > > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    > > phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >
    > When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service
    > was given the impression I was the only sufferer.
    >
    > FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a
    number
    > of phone calls) which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered
    > sold out.
    >
    > They are an absolute waste of time.

    I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals with
    lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is screwed.

  9. Temp3st

    Temp3st Guest

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    > >
    > > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    > > phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >
    > When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service
    > was given the impression I was the only sufferer.
    >
    > FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a
    number
    > of phone calls) which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered
    > sold out.
    >
    > They are an absolute waste of time.

    I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals with
    lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is screwed.

  10. Temp3st

    Temp3st Guest

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    > >
    > > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    > > order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    > > site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    > > phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >
    > When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service
    > was given the impression I was the only sufferer.
    >
    > FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a
    number
    > of phone calls) which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered
    > sold out.
    >
    > They are an absolute waste of time.

    I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals with
    lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is screwed.

  11. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Temp3st wrote:
    > "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>> Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >>>
    >>> I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    >>> order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    >>> site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    >>> phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >>
    >> When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    >> impression I was the only sufferer.
    >>
    >> FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls)
    >> which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.
    >>
    >> They are an absolute waste of time.
    >>

    > I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals
    > with lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is
    > screwed.

    I can only speak from experience: 3 orders - 3 cock-ups.

    This last is so absurd - if I had time I'd document it.

  12. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Temp3st wrote:
    > "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>> Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >>>
    >>> I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    >>> order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    >>> site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    >>> phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >>
    >> When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    >> impression I was the only sufferer.
    >>
    >> FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls)
    >> which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.
    >>
    >> They are an absolute waste of time.
    >>

    > I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals
    > with lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is
    > screwed.

    I can only speak from experience: 3 orders - 3 cock-ups.

    This last is so absurd - if I had time I'd document it.

  13. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Temp3st wrote:
    > "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>> Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    >>>
    >>> I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried to
    >>> order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with the web
    >>> site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made loads of
    >>> phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    >>
    >> When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer service I was given the
    >> impression I was the only sufferer.
    >>
    >> FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a number of phone calls)
    >> which was lost in their system for weeks during which time most things I ordered sold out.
    >>
    >> They are an absolute waste of time.
    >>

    > I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals
    > with lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is
    > screwed.

    I can only speak from experience: 3 orders - 3 cock-ups.

    This last is so absurd - if I had time I'd document it.

  14. "Tenex" <emai[email protected]>typed

    > I can only speak from experience: 3 orders - 3 cock-ups.

    > This last is so absurd - if I had time I'd document it.

    I've only used their mail-order once, no problem.

    There's a bus that passes my front door, regular as a clock, which takes me to the nearest store
    though. The staff all seem to know me...

  15. John Redman

    John Redman Guest

    I have had nothing but excellent service for good quality low price goods. Give them another chance.

    John R "Temp3st" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    > > > Sadly I won't be buying anything from Tchibo ever again.
    > > >
    > > > I ordered a large amount of ski stuff from them (offspring is off on school ski trip). Tried
    > > > to order it online - the web site crashed. I rang Tchibo - told they were having probs with
    > > > the web site. So I ordered by fax. Many, many days later, no goods arrive. I'd already made
    > > > loads of phone calls to Tchibo to chase up the faxed order.
    > >
    > > When I replied to an earlier thread on Tchibo citing poor customer
    service
    > > was given the impression I was the only sufferer.
    > >
    > > FWIW I'm STILL waiting for the order I placed on 12.11 (followed by a
    > number
    > > of phone calls) which was lost in their system for weeks during which
    time
    > > most things I ordered sold out.
    > >
    > > They are an absolute waste of time.
    > >

    > I've placed two orders with them and had no problems whatsoever. I guess any company who deals
    > with lots of orders is going to have a few hiccups - but it doesn't mean the whole operation is
    > screwed.

  16. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

    > There's a bus that passes my front door, regular as a clock, which takes me to the nearest
    > store though.

    I've got a clock like that. Must get it fixed some time ;-)

    Tony

  17. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > OK proof you can never win - these fleeces are about a foot too short! :-(

    You've been fleeced.

    --
    Dave...

  18. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Dave Kahn wrote:
    > "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >> OK proof you can never win - these fleeces are about a foot too short! :-(
    >
    > You've been fleeced.

    Even better - they delivered the same item twice yesterday... short fleeced three times over....

  19. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tenex wrote:
    > Dave Kahn wrote:
    >> "Tenex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >>
    >>> OK proof you can never win - these fleeces are about a foot too short! :-(
    >>
    >> You've been fleeced.
    >
    > Even better - they delivered the same item twice yesterday... short fleeced three times over....

    If you send them back for longer ones would you be short changed as well?

    IGMF

    Tony

  20. Tenex

    Tenex Guest