Tchibo

Ivor Cave

Guest
Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

Construction looks good and at least as good as the Dahon vitesse I use.

Ivor Cave

> Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.
>
> Construction looks good and at least as good as the Dahon vitesse I use.

Noe sold out.

Am Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:33:31 +0100 schrieb Ivor Cave:

> Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

It seems to be popular - the website says that it's sold out.

Andreas

Ivor Cave <[email protected]>typed

> Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

> Construction looks good and at least as good as the Dahon vitesse I use.

> Ivor Cave

It was sold out on the website earlier today, so you'll have to find a
store that stocks it...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

Andreas Schulze-Bäing <[email protected]>typed

> Am Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:33:31 +0100 schrieb Ivor Cave:

> > Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> > It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> > An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

> It seems to be popular - the website says that it's sold out.

> Andreas

I think Tchibo deliberately make some items unavailable to online
shoppers; I've seen some items 'sell out' before 9am on the Wednesday
they hit the stores. The stores often have plenty...

--

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> It was sold out on the website earlier today, so you'll have to find a
> store that stocks it...

I nearly bought one when I saw them but can't justify to the wife having
another folder when we have two already.

Ivor Cave

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> Ivor Cave <[email protected]>typed
>
> > Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> > It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> > An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

> > Construction looks good and at least as good as the Dahon vitesse I use.

> > Ivor Cave

> It was sold out on the website earlier today, so you'll have to find a
> store that stocks it...

They had one in Salisbury on Saturday - it looked twice the size of a folded
Brommie and quite unwieldy.

John B

On 16 Apr, 22:04, John B <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Just a heads up. Tchibo are selling a 20" wheel folding bike for £199.
> > > It has a front hub dynamo and lights.
> > > An aluminium frame and 3 speed sturmey archer rear hub.

> > > Construction looks good and at least as good as the Dahon vitesse I use.

> They had one in Salisbury on Saturday - it looked twice the size of a folded
> Brommie and quite unwieldy.

I had a look at one on Saturday. Looked solidly built but weighed a
ton, I wouldn't fancy lugging it on and off public transport very
often. Might be OK as a shopping bike for someone with limited
storage.
I got a pair of the padded sports gloves though.

I thought the bike locks looked ok for £8 and they have "sports" track mits
that looked OK, padded palm and net back, too but forget the price.

Jc.

Josey wrote on 17/04/2007 08:36 +0100:
> I thought the bike locks looked ok for £8 and they have "sports" track mits
> that looked OK, padded palm and net back, too but forget the price.

It's not how they look that matters, it's how they perform under attack
that matters.

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

news:D[email protected]...
> Josey wrote on 17/04/2007 08:36 +0100:
>> I thought the bike locks looked ok for £8 and they have "sports" track
>> mits that looked OK, padded palm and net back, too but forget the
>> price.
>>

> It's not how they look that matters, it's how they perform under attack
> that matters.

That's why I said they LOOKED OK. There was no testing/certification
information on the locks, and I doubt they'd have been too please if I
whipped the bolt-cutters out of my back-pack and set-to.

Jc.