TDF 2007 picks

Vino ,as I have posted many times,is not consistent. He is a hell of a fighter but has never been consistent.
I will be surprised if he holds together strong for three weeks and wins.
Kloden however may be a little gun shy after what happened to Kessler and I would say as far as having the balls to dope hard at this point and take chances I would tip the scales heavily to Vino.
As far as team leaders,it would not be the first time a team leader was shut out.
Ask a guy named Indurain the circumstances surrounding his win when Delgado was team leader.
Of course it is still anyones race at this point and these are strange times.

I just can't wait weekend to see development on climbs as far as Astana is concerned... What tactics will they apply, who will they openly support and, most important, who is really stronger - Vino or Klodi. First that downhill finish after Colombiere (spelling?) and tomorrow (Sunday) uphill finish... And after rest day that monster of a stage...
After these stages things should be clear in Astana (although there are still TTs to come). But after the Alps, I think, Astana should decide who will be 100% protected or they could lose the race 'cause of in-team rivalry.

P.S.
Maybe they'll wait TT to be sure about strength of leaders... But again Pyrenees are very hard and lot can change there... And now I realise that Astana probably won't do one team leader tactics... Composition of route will keep race open and both Vino and Klodi will have plenty of opportunities to make up lost time (if they loose)... Whatever... Weekend will give us some answers.

jhuskey said:
Vino ,as I have posted many times,is not consistent. He is a hell of a fighter but has never been consistent.
I will be surprised if he holds together strong for three weeks and wins.
That is what I thought before last year's Vuelta, but he was unstoppable in Spain. If it were not for that then I would say that Kloden should be the favorite.

Vino is a Michele Ferrari client. Vino says since 2005---Phramstrong's exit.

And Ferrari has not lost a Tour since Rominger.

Vino and Kloden both look great early and look to really be the 2 probables.

However it is only early and we won't really get a good indication until later on.

It will be interesting if it comes down to the 2 of them late in the piece and they attack each other looking for glory!!!!

It doesn't look like such a gruelling tour in the mountains. I think the TTs will be relatively more important this year than in some past years. And overall team strength/survivability may also play a stronger role.

Of the two favourites, whose team is the strongest and who is the better TT expert? It looks like Kloden.

My main focus will be on Schleck and Sastre, but not as winners...just to do well.

cyclingheroes said:
I spoke a few words with Andreas in London, he seems to be very confident.

I agree with the previous poster that the TT will play a big part. Of course we have talked of this before the tour started and Kloden looks strong there.
We will see Saturday who has the legs as they warm up in the mountains and Sunday who is still alive.

jhuskey said:
I agree with the previous poster that the TT will play a big part. Of course we have talked of this before the tour started and Kloden looks strong there.
We will see Saturday who has the legs as they warm up in the mountains and Sunday who is still alive.
Will be funny seeing Astana finish 1-2-3 on the big mountain stages.

wicklow200 said:
Will be funny seeing Astana finish 1-2-3 on the big mountain stages.

Imagine how strongl they would have been with Kessler.
Oops,segway for a doping post.

jhuskey said:
Imagine how strongl they would have been with Kessler.
Oops,segway for a doping post.
Now Kessler's gone, does Kloden have anyone riding for him on the team?

wicklow200 said:
Now Kessler's gone, does Kloden have anyone riding for him on the team?

I think Kessler was his best ally for sure. I don't think anyone will deny him help if he is the strongest contender when the peloton hits the mountains.

How on earth do you leave Valverde off the list of that many Tour Favorites? He is clearly one of the top 3 or 4 choices going into the Tour.

CASAR AND FOTHEN?!?!?!?? ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Mtventoux said:
How on earth do you leave Valverde off the list of that many Tour Favorites? He is clearly one of the top 3 or 4 choices going into the Tour.

Wait a minute... Are you kidding me? You haven't seen the second man on the list? Or you haven't heard for Piti?
Back on the drawing board Mtventoux...
And about Casar and Fothen... Well, who else would you put in widest possible offer?

I didn't vote in the poll but here's my picks:

1st -Kloden
2nd -Valverde
3rd -Vino

I think it will be very close but I just think this is Andy's race.

lw

Man. No way Valverde has any sort of chance...not with Piti in the field. That guy is a real animal.

Mtventoux said: