TdF 2007 stages announced....

cupra wrote:

>http://www.letour.fr/2007/TDF/presentation/us/parcours.html
>
> no team time trial.....

Again. I can't say that I miss it. TT stages are pretty boring to
watch most of the time and TTT even more so. Mind you it's a shame
they couldn't have squeezed one onto the itinerary this side of the
channel then all us South Eastern Roadies (well some of us - the fit
ones, ie not me) could have had fun seeing if we could get anywhere
near their time.

On the linked site there is a brief paragraph about the London
Canterbury stage:

“After leaving the heart of London and setting off the timers as it
passes by the Greenwich Meridian, the peloton will speed off across
Kent. A flat route through the English countryside which should favour
the sprinters hoping to win the green jersey.”

Do you think anybody has told them that Kent is lumpy? :)

Phil Cook wrote:
> cupra wrote:
>
>> http://www.letour.fr/2007/TDF/presentation/us/parcours.html
>>
>> no team time trial.....

> Again. I can't say that I miss it. TT stages are pretty boring to
> watch most of the time and TTT even more so. Mind you it's a shame
> they couldn't have squeezed one onto the itinerary this side of the
> channel then all us South Eastern Roadies (well some of us - the fit
> ones, ie not me) could have had fun seeing if we could get anywhere
> near their time.
>
> On the linked site there is a brief paragraph about the London
> Canterbury stage:
>
> "After leaving the heart of London and setting off the timers as it
> passes by the Greenwich Meridian, the peloton will speed off across
> Kent. A flat route through the English countryside which should favour
> the sprinters hoping to win the green jersey."
>
> Do you think anybody has told them that Kent is lumpy? :)

lol - it's certainly not flat whenever I visit!