TdF announcement day

Why so many weak teams are in when a strong team like Milaneza isn't even considered ?

Yes they do, if they are not automatically exempted from qualification. So that issues like
financial guarantees ( recently, a resonant subject in cycling news ) can be examined ! In effect
you ask to be "invited",

Forms available at your local G-20. Not distributed to clubs based in Bois de Vincennes, only Bois
de Bougogne.

news:<[email protected]>...

Michael S <[email protected]> wrote:

> Why so many weak teams are in when a strong team like Milaneza isn't even considered ?

Milaneza doesn't want to because it's not a very big team and there aim is on smaller rondes (tours)
and the big Vuelta Espana, and there own Tour of Portugal.

--
Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
Crichton - Farscape)

"Sandy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yes they do, if they are not automatically exempted from qualification. So that issues like
> financial guarantees ( recently, a resonant subject in cycling news ) can be examined ! In effect
> you ask to be "invited",

I could find nothing in the UCI regulations that says that teams must ask to be invited. Besides,
it's the UCI that checks financial guarantees, not the ASO.

I still occasionally ride at Longchamps but, in general, I only use the piste when I'm short on time
and when I'm short on time I'm more likely to use Vincennes.

are they not a DII team and thus looked down upon by the snooty French ASO?

"us" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> are they not a DII team and thus looked down upon by the snooty French
ASO?

Whether they are looked down upon by the snooty French ASO I do not know; however, I do know that
they are a Division I team.

I think you may have heard local commentary, and it is all positive. The Eurosport announcers often
mentioned this and noted that it is a pity they did not look for a place in the TdF. The manager
also said he felt bad that he did not look to participate, but would do so next year.

Robert Chung wrote:

> "Teams have to apply? Where does one get an application form?

It's like asking the insurance premiums on an Italian sports car. If you need to ask, you don't
need to know.

> "Just a Cyclist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Let me put it this way. If Jan and Cipo were in the Tour, you'd see about a billion people
> > > along the road up to Alpe d'Huez, most of them drunk.
> >
> > Cipo wouldn't be at Alpe d'Huez, that's a hill....Cipo doesn't do hills......besides he would
> > have withdrawn by then.
>
> So how do you explain that Cipo has won the final stage of the Giro five times?
>
> Must be that the Giro has easy courses, right?

The climbs on the Giro are easier for Cipo because:

1) they are steep and getting pushed by fans is a help on steep (slow) climbs
2) the tifosi push him
3) the climbs in the TdF are less steep
4) the French fans don't push him

and finally

5) the Tour is less controlled than the Giro (faster)

This was relayed to me by a friend who lives there. I have no other way of verifying the
information, but it seems logical and also fits the evidence of him finishing the Giro, but
not the Tour.

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> The climbs on the Giro are easier for Cipo because:
> 1) they are steep and getting pushed by fans is a help on steep (slow) climbs
> 2) the tifosi push him
> 3) the climbs in the TdF are less steep
> 4) the French fans don't push him and finally
> 5) the Tour is less controlled than the Giro (faster) This was relayed to me by a friend who lives
> there. I have no other way of verifying the information, but it seems logical and also fits the
> evidence of him finishing the Giro, but not the Tour.

Bullet proof?

Sergio Pisa

> > So how do you explain that Cipo has won the final stage of the Giro five times?
> >
> > Must be that the Giro has easy courses, right?
>
> The climbs on the Giro are easier for Cipo because:
>
> 1) they are steep and getting pushed by fans is a help on steep (slow) climbs
> 2) the tifosi push him
> 4) the French fans don't push him

Are you sure? After all, it's only Cipo; it's not like he's Moser or anything.

"Sergio SERVADIO" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 26 May 2003, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
>
> > The climbs on the Giro are easier for Cipo because:
> > 1) they are steep and getting pushed by fans is a help on steep (slow) climbs
> > 2) the tifosi push him
> > 3) the climbs in the TdF are less steep
> > 4) the French fans don't push him and finally
> > 5) the Tour is less controlled than the Giro (faster) This was relayed to me by a friend who
> > lives there. I have no other way
of
> > verifying the information, but it seems logical and also fits the
evidence
> > of him finishing the Giro, but not the Tour.
>
> Bullet proof?

Nope.

He just tells me what he sees.