TDF/Eurosport -Sore Head

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jan, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Jeez. ...Don't all shout at me but........Mike Smith is doing my head in
    !!! Come back Duffers! I'll never again scream at the set when you gently
    waffle on about your Moule and Frites, The bottle of Chablis you had last
    night, when you tell me how much the French/Germans/ Belgians/ Dutch/Spanish
    etc love their cycling and how I can go into any bar in these countries and
    watch the racing on TV. Even the talk about sprockets is soothing. Please
    come back and waffle to me.
    Does Mike Smith ever stop talking? Does he take prattle pills every
    morning? Even Christy has trouble getting a word in.
    I couldn't believe it Tuesday when he and Kelly talked over Kirsipuus (sp)
    interview. Didn't they know he usually speaks English ?

    If Duffers can't/won't do the live commentary, then give the job to Dave
    Harmon.....please.


    Jan
     
    Tags:


  2. Will H

    Will H Guest

    Phil Liggett & Paul Sherwen on OLN
    http://ww2.olntv.com/tdf04/

    They also turn up on ITV2 of course

    saved...


    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jeez. ...Don't all shout at me but........Mike Smith is doing my head in
    > !!! Come back Duffers! I'll never again scream at the set when you

    gently
    > waffle on about your Moule and Frites, The bottle of Chablis you had

    last
    > night, when you tell me how much the French/Germans/ Belgians/

    Dutch/Spanish
    > etc love their cycling and how I can go into any bar in these countries

    and
    > watch the racing on TV. Even the talk about sprockets is soothing. Please
    > come back and waffle to me.
    > Does Mike Smith ever stop talking? Does he take prattle pills every
    > morning? Even Christy has trouble getting a word in.
    > I couldn't believe it Tuesday when he and Kelly talked over Kirsipuus (sp)
    > interview. Didn't they know he usually speaks English ?
    >
    > If Duffers can't/won't do the live commentary, then give the job to Dave
    > Harmon.....please.
    >
    >
    > Jan
    >
    >
    >
     
  3. Temp3st

    Temp3st Guest

    Yeah - loving Dave Harmons work this year.
    I too was amazed at the English translation we were treated to from a rider
    speaking ENGLISH!!!

    At least Smith disappeared for 15 mins yesterday - probably to annoy someone
    he saw passing by the comentary box.
     
  4. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Will H wrote:

    > Phil Liggett & Paul Sherwen on OLN
    > http://ww2.olntv.com/tdf04/
    >
    > They also turn up on ITV2 of course
    >
    > saved...
    >
    >
    > "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Jeez. ...Don't all shout at me but........Mike Smith is doing my head in
    >>!!! Come back Duffers! I'll never again scream at the set when you

    >
    > gently
    >
    >>waffle on about your Moule and Frites, The bottle of Chablis you had

    >
    > last
    >
    >>night, when you tell me how much the French/Germans/ Belgians/

    >
    > Dutch/Spanish
    >
    >>etc love their cycling and how I can go into any bar in these countries

    >
    > and
    >
    >>watch the racing on TV. Even the talk about sprockets is soothing. Please
    >>come back and waffle to me.
    >>Does Mike Smith ever stop talking? Does he take prattle pills every
    >>morning? Even Christy has trouble getting a word in.
    >>I couldn't believe it Tuesday when he and Kelly talked over Kirsipuus (sp)
    >>interview. Didn't they know he usually speaks English ?
    >>
    >>If Duffers can't/won't do the live commentary, then give the job to Dave
    >>Harmon.....please.
    >>
    >>
    >>Jan
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >


    Can you get OLN via sat in the UK?

    I like the eurosport coverage but do find the commentary a bit annoying
    when they state the obvious and translate english to english...

    I'm assuming the sound sync will be out if I try the sound via the OLN
    network - though I did attmept this earlier this week all I got was
    race sounds, no commentary...



    --


    Velvet
     
  5. Trealaw Boy

    Trealaw Boy Guest

    "Will H" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Phil Liggett & Paul Sherwen on OLN
    > http://ww2.olntv.com/tdf04/
    >
    > They also turn up on ITV2 of course
    >
    > saved...
    >
    >


    .... but then you have to endure the endless pro-Armstrong prattle ...
    hardly unbiased commentry from ITV2 ...

    TB
     
  6. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:07:30 GMT, Velvet <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Can you get OLN via sat in the UK?
    >
    >I like the eurosport coverage but do find the commentary a bit annoying
    >when they state the obvious and translate english to english...
    >
    >I'm assuming the sound sync will be out if I try the sound via the OLN
    >network - though I did attmept this earlier this week all I got was
    >race sounds, no commentary...


    I think those bits are when the adverts are being shown on TV. Phil
    Ligget announces an advert break then commentary drops out to leave
    just race sounds. Seems adverts aren't broadcast over web feed and so
    commentary returns after a few minutes of just race noise.
    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.
     
  7. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:07:30 GMT, Velvet <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Can you get OLN via sat in the UK?
    >>
    >>I like the eurosport coverage but do find the commentary a bit annoying
    >>when they state the obvious and translate english to english...
    >>
    >>I'm assuming the sound sync will be out if I try the sound via the OLN
    >>network - though I did attmept this earlier this week all I got was
    >>race sounds, no commentary...

    >
    >
    > I think those bits are when the adverts are being shown on TV. Phil
    > Ligget announces an advert break then commentary drops out to leave
    > just race sounds. Seems adverts aren't broadcast over web feed and so
    > commentary returns after a few minutes of just race noise.


    Yeah, I read that... but I left it on for 10-15 mins and still only
    heard race noises... gave up at that point.


    --


    Velvet
     
  8. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:33:50 GMT, Velvet <[email protected]valid.domain>
    wrote:

    >> I think those bits are when the adverts are being shown on TV. Phil
    >> Ligget announces an advert break then commentary drops out to leave
    >> just race sounds. Seems adverts aren't broadcast over web feed and so
    >> commentary returns after a few minutes of just race noise.

    >
    >Yeah, I read that... but I left it on for 10-15 mins and still only
    >heard race noises... gave up at that point.


    Hmm, can't work it out entirely myself either. Like you, when I first
    tried it I got long periods of silence but today during the race it
    seemed fine, behaving as expected. *shrug*

    Anyway, the Eurosport feed seems pretty reliable if you are still
    looking for free race commentary:

    rtsp://realserver.tf1.ext.imaginet.fr/eurosport/live/cycling/tdf2004/tdf_com.smi

    You'll need Real Player for that.


    --

    "Bob"

    'The people have spoken, the bastards'

    Email address is spam trapped.
    To reply directly remove the beverage.
     
Loading...
Loading...