tdf - great for local fans

William

Guest
The Alpe d'Huez will be great for spectators watchng the riders going up all day long, but you'll
have to get up early or camp overnight to get a spot on the road. btw, its pronounced "aalp d'ew eh"
where the eh is sort of between a short e and short a in english.

Stage 17 is a classic alpine stage for maillot à pois contenders, even though it doesn't have a
gc-deciding mountain top finish. Plenty of spectator spots too.

Then there's the Jura stage, and they're doing "our" mountain, the Col de la Faucille!! For hundreds
of people in the region la Faucille is one of our test rides and it will be great to see the TdF go
up there. fwiw, sub-40 minutes is considered a reasonable time, so it will be totally demoralising
to see the TdF peleton doing it in 25min or something.

Can't wait. w

Apparantly you are young enough that you did not see the coverage of the L'Alpe by Sam Posey years

As informed by Sam it is pronounced

"Alp D' Hoosey"

One of of Sam's other gaffe's was give us the other TDF phrase....

The "Shams Eleeeeeeesay"

Sam Posey's commentary on the Tour is not missed.........................

news:[email protected]...