TdF: Great start !

Elyob

Guest
Millar must be totally gutted with that result.

Ullrich getting exactly the same time!

elyob wrote:
> Millar must be totally gutted with that result.
>
> Ullrich getting exactly the same time!

So does anyone know what Millar's mechanical problem was?

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Aye!.

"Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:
> > Millar must be totally gutted with that result.
> >
> > Ullrich getting exactly the same time!
>
> So does anyone know what Millar's mechanical problem was?

His chain slipped off ... he popped it back on pretty impressively.

elyob wrote:
> "Jim Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> elyob wrote:
>>> Millar must be totally gutted with that result.
>>>
>>> Ullrich getting exactly the same time!
>>
>> So does anyone know what Millar's mechanical problem was?
>>

> His chain slipped off ... he popped it back on pretty impressively.

A poster on rec.bicycles.racing has reported that Brad McGee rode the last 600m with a flat rear
tyre. Anyone know what sort of difference would this have made to his time?

Jan

---

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:

> >> So does anyone know what Millar's mechanical problem was?
> >>

> > His chain slipped off ... he popped it back on pretty impressively.
>
> A poster on rec.bicycles.racing has reported that Brad McGee rode the last 600m with a flat rear
> tyre. Anyone know what sort of difference would this have made to his time?
>
> Jan
>

> ---

What I can't understand is that he only had one shifter on the aero's which I guess meant that he
probably had on front chain ring????

change 300m from the line?? Must be to it than that, perhaps the cobbles bounced it off?????

--
Mark

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak"

MSA wrote:

> What I can't understand is that he only had one shifter on the aero's which I guess meant that he
> probably had on front chain ring????
>

> change 300m from the line?? Must be to it than that, perhaps the cobbles bounced it off?????

From the Cyclingnews site:

<quote> Millar told Cyclingnews post-stage that "I'm really disappointed about my race today. I lost
at least 5 seconds when the chain got caught between the chainrings - that happened to two other
guys on the team today." <end quote>

If it happened to three riders in the same team it indicates a failure to prepare correctly.

I reckon David must be furious but it was a great ride by Brad.

At DM is in the green points jersey ;-)

John B

Jan <[email protected]> wrote:

> A poster on rec.bicycles.racing has reported that Brad McGee rode the last 600m with a flat rear
> tyre. Anyone know what sort of difference would this have made to his time?

It would have made him slower!

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

marc wrote:

> Jan <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > A poster on rec.bicycles.racing has reported that Brad McGee rode the last 600m with a flat rear
> > tyre. Anyone know what sort of difference would this have made to his time?
>
> It would have made him slower!

Less air, less weight, so no excuse - or so my youngest decreed.

John B

John B <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > A poster on rec.bicycles.racing has reported that Brad McGee rode the last 600m with a flat
> > > rear tyre. Anyone know what sort of difference would this have made to his time?
> >
> > It would have made him slower!
>
> Less air, less weight, so no excuse - or so my youngest decreed.

Lower gearing means he would spin out faster!