TdF Live online audio? Looking for Real Player stream

Call me Bob

Guest
Anyone found a Real Player live audio feed for this years race?

I listened to today's TT via the Eurosport website, but, although they
seemed to have a Real Player option, only the Windows Media Player
feed was actually working.

I need a Real Player stream because that can be paused and restarted
in order to sync the audio to the live web pictures from the Danish
TV2 mob (which obviously has Danish commentary).

This set up worked really well last year, excellent picture streamed
live from TV2, complemented by english commentary from a separate
source. Hoping to do the same thing this year, but need to find a Real
Player stream.

Pointers, anyone?

"Bob"
--

"I will refuse to register for an ID card and will donate £10
to a legal defence fund but only if 10,000 other people will

Join the Pledge !!

http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

http://www.pledgebank.com/faq

Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

: I need a Real Player stream because that can be paused and restarted
: in order to sync the audio to the live web pictures from the Danish
: TV2 mob (which obviously has Danish commentary).

Care to give a URL for that one?

Cheers,

Arhtur

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

On 3 Jul 2005 16:38:02 GMT, "Arthur Clune" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Call me Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>: I need a Real Player stream because that can be paused and restarted
>: in order to sync the audio to the live web pictures from the Danish
>: TV2 mob (which obviously has Danish commentary).
>
>Care to give a URL for that one?

Well, yes, but it's a pay per view thing I'm afraid:

http://tour.tv2.dk/article.php/2534549.html

The sign up process can be accessed from that page.

Price for live streamed coverage for the whole tour is 159 kroner,
which is about 15 quid.

I used them last year and it was excellent. I signed up again today
and the experience wasn't as promising. They've "improved" things
somewhat, which means that things look flashier, and cleverer (in
their view, I assume), but don't work half as well. That's progress
for you.

The picture quality seems rather down on last year, and I had terrible
trouble with buffering today, which disappeared shortly after the race
finished. This makes me suspect they don't quite have the resources in
place to keep things ticking over when everyone is "tuned in", but
when everyone buggers off and the load on the server is reduced, it
all picks up again. Hmmpff. Still, I remember things were a little
sticky for a day or two at the start of last year so hopefully they'll
get on top of it.

"Bob"