TdF Power Meter Files Availability?

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by RapDaddyo, Jul 13, 2005.

1. RapDaddyo

RapDaddyo Active Member

Does anyone know if LA's or any of the Discovery Team's (or anybody's) power meter files (especially the TTs and mountain stages) will be made available after the Tour?

Tags:

2. Woofer

Woofer New Member

Lance is not using the SRM during most of the stages from the pictures I've seen.

If you are handy with programming, you could probably get some of the riders SRM data from either
    http://www.livebiodata.de/
    or here
    http://www.srmdataserver.de/Tele/home.php
    Right now the java app only lets you show two riders' data and the update period appears to be five seconds on the riders' srms.

3. jws

jws New Member

4. RapDaddyo

RapDaddyo Active Member

5. toa

toa New Member

Holy moly, it was totally cool today watching Knaven attack of the front from the pack and being able to check his wattage/speed and cadence numbers realtime. Awsome :D

6. bikeguy

bikeguy New Member

Thanks for the links jws, you can see Floyd Landis's power output for each stage of the TdF at the bicycling.com link.

-Bikeguy

7. robkit

robkit New Member

yes i agree it was cool to be able to view the pro's data during the tour.

i was on the srm site during the stage over the aubique - of special interest after riding it myself in the etape 1 week earlier - the interesting thing being, well, that comesso had not only twice my power but twice my speed!

the other intresestng thing being how little power he needed to do 55-60kph in the bunch when they returned to flat roads - its true what they say, that an amatuer could keep up with the peloton on the flat, until either the hammer goes down or the road goes up.

8. bikeguy

bikeguy New Member

Hi robkit, yeah drafting in the pack really cuts down on power. Although at 55-60 kph my rpms would be a bit high in a 50x13. I need a 12 cog on there.

What did kind of race did you do in the etape event?

-Bikeguy

9. jws

jws New Member

Sure....Allen Lim and Floyd really give great info here; it's rare for pros to be so open with their numbers. Lim gives some good insight that power meter users can learn a lot from.

I think his format, where he gives max powers at different durations, is the best way to present the data. A power file, for example, would be more complete, but the real meaning is in the power-duration relationship.

Cheers to Allen and Floyd, Jimmy