TdF Prologue results

Isidor Gunsberg

Guest
Armstrong failed to win the Prologue. If he had hoped to wear the
Yellow Jersey for the 1st Stage, he must be a bit disapppointed.

On the other hand, Armstrong is probably pleased that he took a few
seconds out of Ullrich, Hamilton, Mayo, and the other Top Contenders.
Last year, Hamilton and Ullrich had placed higher in the Prologue,
than had Lance. All in all, not a bad start for Armstrong.

2004 Prologue

S T A G E S T A N D I N G S
Pos.

Name
Nat.
Eq.

Time

1 043 CANCELLARA Fabian SUI FAS in 06' 50"
2 001 ARMSTRONG Lance USA USP at 00' 02"
3 074 GUTIERREZ José Ivan ESP IBB at 00' 08"
4 161 MC GEE Bradley AUS FDJ at 00' 09"
5 057 HUSHOVD Thor NOR C.A at 00' 10"
6 027 PEREIRO SIO Oscar ESP PHO at 00' 11"
7 069 VOIGT Jens GER CSC at 00' 11"
8 051 MOREAU Christophe FRA C.A at 00' 12"
9 064 JULICH Bobby USA CSC at 00' 12"
10 005 HINCAPIE George USA USP at 00' 12"
11 025 GUTIERREZ José Enrique ESP PHO at 00' 14"
12 119 VICIOSO Angel ESP LST at 00' 15"
13 151 LEIPHEIMER Levi USA RAB at 00' 15"
14 067 SASTRE Carlos ESP CSC at 00' 15"
15 062 ARVESEN Kurt-Asle NOR CSC at 00' 16"
16 011 ULLRICH Jan GER TMO at 00' 17"
17 006 LANDIS Floyd USA USP at 00' 18"
18 021 HAMILTON Tyler USA PHO at 00' 18"
19 004 EKIMOV Viatceslav RUS USP at 00' 19"
20 065 PERON Andrea ITA CSC at 00' 19"
21 083 HONDO Danilo GER GST at 00' 19"
22 159 WAUTERS Marc BEL RAB at 00' 19"
23 023 GONZALEZ Santos ESP PHO at 00' 19"
24 017 KLÖDEN Andréas GER TMO at 00' 19"
25 072 BECKE Daniel GER IBB at 00' 20"

2003 TdF Prologue

S T A G E S T A N D I N G S
Pos.

Name
Nat.
Eq.

Time

1 096 MC GEE Bradley AUS FDJ in 07' 26"
2 061 MILLAR David GBR COF at 00' 00"
3 179 ZUBELDIA Haimar ESP EUS at 00' 02"
4 131 ULLRICH Jan GER TBI at 00' 02"
5 008 PENA Victor Hugo COL USP at 00' 06"
6 071 HAMILTON Tyler USA CSC at 00' 06"
7 001 ARMSTRONG Lance USA USP at 00' 07"
8 011 BELOKI Joseba ESP ONE at 00' 09"
9 021 BOTERO Santiago COL TEL at 00' 09"
10 004 EKIMOV Viatceslav RUS USP at 00' 11"
11 196 RICH Michael GER GST at 00' 11"
12 041 LEIPHEIMER Levi USA RAB at 00' 11"
13 005 HINCAPIE George USA USP at 00' 11"
14 034 KARPETS Vladimir RUS BAN at 00' 12"
15 152 ASTARLOZA Mikel ESP A2R at 00' 12"
16 102 GUTIERREZ José Enrique ESP KEL at 00' 12"
17 112 BODROGI Laszlo HUN QSD at 00' 13"
18 125 HUSHOVD Thor NOR C.A at 00' 13"
19 117 ROGERS Michael AUS QSD at 00' 13"
20 151 BROCHARD Laurent FRA A2R at 00' 13"
21 051 SIMONI Gilberto ITA SAE at 00' 13"
22 015 JAKSCHE Jorg GER ONE at 00' 14"
23 139 STEINHAUSER Tobias GER TBI at 00' 14"
24 048 WAUTERS Marc BEL RAB at 00' 16"
25 132 BECKE Daniel GER TBI at 00' 16"

Isidor Gunsberg wrote:
> Armstrong failed to win the Prologue. If he had hoped to wear the
> Yellow Jersey for the 1st Stage, he must be a bit disapppointed.

I'm guessing he's not disappointed.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Isidor Gunsberg wrote:
> > Armstrong failed to win the Prologue. If he had hoped to wear the
> > Yellow Jersey for the 1st Stage, he must be a bit disapppointed.

> I'm guessing he's not disappointed.

Agreed. This was a great start for the top dogs. Jan is looking very good.
I have a strange feeling about this years tour. Jan really looks strong and
he tends to get better as days go on. Look out Lance.

I feel this will be a really great tour.

Curt

"Isidor Gunsberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Armstrong failed to win the Prologue. If he had hoped to wear the
> Yellow Jersey for the 1st Stage, he must be a bit disapppointed.
>
> On the other hand, Armstrong is probably pleased that he took a few
> seconds out of Ullrich, Hamilton, Mayo, and the other Top Contenders.
> Last year, Hamilton and Ullrich had placed higher in the Prologue,
> than had Lance. All in all, not a bad start for Armstrong.

If there's one thing that Ullrich is really worried about it's 16 seconds in
a Prologue. (Psst - Levi beat Ullrich, do you suppose Jan is shaking in his
boots now?)

Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Isidor Gunsberg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Armstrong failed to win the Prologue. If he had hoped to wear the
>>Yellow Jersey for the 1st Stage, he must be a bit disapppointed.
>>
>> On the other hand, Armstrong is probably pleased that he took a few
>>seconds out of Ullrich, Hamilton, Mayo, and the other Top Contenders.
>>Last year, Hamilton and Ullrich had placed higher in the Prologue,
>>than had Lance. All in all, not a bad start for Armstrong.

> If there's one thing that Ullrich is really worried about it's 16 seconds in
> a Prologue. (Psst - Levi beat Ullrich, do you suppose Jan is shaking in his
> boots now?)

Considering Levi didn't get past Stage 1 last year, he's pretty much an
unknown quantity. Don't count him out.