TdF $$$ question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bob, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Suppose the TdF leader is also the climbing points leader. He wears the yellow jersey and the
    polka-dot jersey gets "borrowed" by the second place guy. Does this guy get a few euros for wearing
    the jersey, even though he is not the current holder of same?

    -Bob

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Suppose the TdF leader is also the climbing points leader. He wears the yellow jersey and the
    > polka-dot jersey gets "borrowed" by the second place guy. Does this guy get a few euros for
    > wearing the jersey, even though he is not the current holder of same?
    >
    > -Bob

    I asked about this earlier (here and elsewhere) and didn't really get an answer. I also wanted to
    know if the 2nd placed KOM guy gets to keep the polka-dot jersey that he "borrowed", and does the
    1st place (yellow jersey) guy get one too (as well as his yellow).

    This NG has an FAQ about the jerseys, but it doesn't answer any of this
    - does anyone know?

    &roo

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    You get to keep each Jersey you wear. Most riders give away most of them and just keep one for their
    collections.

    "Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bob wrote:
    > > Suppose the TdF leader is also the climbing points leader. He
    wears the
    > > yellow jersey and the polka-dot jersey gets "borrowed" by the
    second place
    > > guy. Does this guy get a few euros for wearing the jersey, even
    though he
    > > is not the current holder of same?
    > >
    > > -Bob
    > >

    > I asked about this earlier (here and elsewhere) and didn't really
    get an
    > answer. I also wanted to know if the 2nd placed KOM guy gets to keep
    the
    > polka-dot jersey that he "borrowed", and does the 1st place (yellow jersey) guy get one too (as
    > well as his yellow).
    >
    > This NG has an FAQ about the jerseys, but it doesn't answer any of
    this
    > - does anyone know?
    >
    > &roo

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Except if it gets stolen why you travel from the US to europe.(Tyler hamilton)

    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]: