TdF Radio Coverage in Winnipeg, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thingles

I'm leaving shortly for a weekend trip to Winnipeg (Winnipeg Folk Festival) and am going to be away
from OLN and hence the daily TdF coverage. While TiVo will be recording away, it's too much to wait
through two mountain stages to hear what is going on. Does anyone know of a radio station in
Winnipeg that may have live coverage of the tour?

--
Jamie Thingelstad [email protected]

If (and that is a big if) you have access to cable, you can get OLN here in Winterpeg. I don't know
about the daytime coverage, as I work during the daytime, but they've been running 2.5 hours of
coverage from 9:30pm to midnight. OLN ain't Eurosport, but it's better than network TV coverage.

As far as live radio coverage goes, you're dreaming. If either of the satellite radio networks
carries live coverage, you might consider subscribing. As long as you're not a Canadian resident,
you can use the receivers here.

BTW, if you're looking for a good place to cycle, Birds Hill Provincial Park is wonderful. There's a
loop of about 7 miles (NOT kilometers) with very few intersections, no stop signs, very little
traffic, lots of scenic stuff (birds, deer, squirrels, etc), and what passes for major hills here -
at least 20 ft (southern Manitoba is the template for pool tables). There is a charge ($5, I think)
for entrance to the park. A year-long pass, good for all provincial parks, is $20.

"thingles" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm leaving shortly for a weekend trip to Winnipeg (Winnipeg Folk
Festival)
> and am going to be away from OLN and hence the daily TdF coverage. While TiVo will be recording
> away, it's too much to wait through two mountain stages to hear what is going on. Does anyone know
> of a radio station in Winnipeg that may have live coverage of the tour?
>
> --
> Jamie Thingelstad [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.