TDF results sent to phone

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sprintatbettyru, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile phone(VerizonWireless)?
    In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another language. And no...I can't
    wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

Tags:

2. Bob Schwartz

Bob Schwartz Guest

SprintAtBettyRussells <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another
    > language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    get complete results.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

3. John Rees

John Rees Guest

"SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another

Yes, an SMS service would be pretty cool. They have it for other sports, like Formula 1 racing and
    football. John Rees

4. David Ryan

David Ryan Guest

Bob Schwartz wrote:
    >
    > SprintAtBettyRussells <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >
    > Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    > get complete results.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz [email protected]

I wouldn't do that ;-)

5. I can do it,

If anyone wants I can host one of these, no charge, I can setup a signup form, I can then just send
    quick little blurbs (like 1 a day) to people. I can come up with it a put an address up here by say
    Thursday? If anyone would be interested let me know.

Rope

(free for everyone just for an experiment, I will delete the sms data as soon as the tour is over,
    the only use will be to try this out and see how it works. Then you guys could just email me after
    the first couple and tell me how the format is or what to change?)

"John Rees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >
    > Yes, an SMS service would be pretty cool. They have it for other sports, like Formula 1 racing and
    > football. John Rees

6. Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    > get complete results.

That's borderline genious! From here on out please post all results in the subject line!

We should probably have some shorthand for the popular contenders: Yoyo, sausage-boy, Tyler (can't
    think of anything for him),

the rest.

7. Ronde Champ

Ronde Champ Guest

"SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message

What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

8. K. J. Papai

K. J. Papai Guest

"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.

Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like behavior
    to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.

Thanks , Ken

9. Bart

Bart Guest

Over here many newsservices offer that, like MSN.be

10. Lindsay

Lindsay Guest

On 30 Jun 2003 12:50:49 -0700, [email protected] (SprintAtBettyRussells) wrote:

>Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile phone(VerizonWireless)?
    >In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another language. And no...I
    >can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

From http://www.olntv.com/

"Wireless Tour Updates Get stage results delivered right to your cell phone! Sign-up page
    coming soon..."

Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

11. "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    > >
    > > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    > Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like
    > behavior to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.

Yes, please post the rbr-standard of Podium Only.

12. "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

512-236-8482..thanks, I appreciate it!

13. Ronde Chimp

Ronde Chimp Guest

On 1 Jul 2003 10:27:09 -0700, [email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote:

>"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:66c[email protected]...
    >> > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    >> > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    >> > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >>
    >> What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    >Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like behavior
    >to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.
    >
    >Thanks , Ken

OLN will be offering the service. Go to olntv.com

Thanks, Ronde Chimp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.