TDF results sent to phone

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sprintatbettyru, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile phone(VerizonWireless)?
    In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another language. And no...I can't
    wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

    Tags:

  2. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    SprintAtBettyRussells <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another
    > language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

    Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    get complete results.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  3. John Rees

    John Rees Guest

    "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another
    > language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

    Yes, an SMS service would be pretty cool. They have it for other sports, like Formula 1 racing and
    football. John Rees

  4. David Ryan

    David Ryan Guest

    Bob Schwartz wrote:

    > SprintAtBettyRussells <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >
    > Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    > get complete results.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz [email protected]

    I wouldn't do that ;-)

  5. I can do it,

    If anyone wants I can host one of these, no charge, I can setup a signup form, I can then just send
    quick little blurbs (like 1 a day) to people. I can come up with it a put an address up here by say
    Thursday? If anyone would be interested let me know.

    Rope

    (free for everyone just for an experiment, I will delete the sms data as soon as the tour is over,
    the only use will be to try this out and see how it works. Then you guys could just email me after
    the first couple and tell me how the format is or what to change?)

    news:[email protected]...

  6. Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone ported a news reader to mobile phones? You'd only have to download the subject lines to
    > get complete results.

    That's borderline genious! From here on out please post all results in the subject line!

    We should probably have some shorthand for the popular contenders: Yoyo, sausage-boy, Tyler (can't
    think of anything for him),

    the rest.

  7. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another
    > language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

    What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  8. K. J. Papai

    K. J. Papai Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >
    > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.

    Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like behavior
    to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.

    Thanks , Ken

  9. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Over here many newsservices offer that, like MSN.be

  10. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On 30 Jun 2003 12:50:49 -0700, [email protected] (SprintAtBettyRussells) wrote:

    >Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile phone(VerizonWireless)?
    >In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with another language. And no...I
    >can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.

    From http://www.olntv.com/

    "Wireless Tour Updates Get stage results delivered right to your cell phone! Sign-up page
    coming soon..."

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  11. "K. J. Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    > >
    > > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    > Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like
    > behavior to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.

    Yes, please post the rbr-standard of Podium Only.

  12. "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    > > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    > > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >
    > What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

    512-236-8482..thanks, I appreciate it!

  13. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On 1 Jul 2003 10:27:09 -0700, [email protected] (K. J. Papai) wrote:

    >"ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> "SprintAtBettyRussells" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:66c[email protected]...
    >> > Anyone one know of a service that will send TDF results/updates to a mobile
    >> > phone(VerizonWireless)? In English preferably, but if it's just results...I can deal with
    >> > another language. And no...I can't wait until the evening to watch it on OLN.
    >>
    >> What's your phone number? I'll call you right after I post the daily results to rbr.
    >
    >Posting daily stage results is fine as long as you have the normal and accepted adult-like behavior
    >to refrain from posting the winner, or all the top-10 in the Subject Heading.
    >
    >Thanks , Ken

    OLN will be offering the service. Go to olntv.com

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp