TdF rider using the electric Campy group

Doug-<< To my surprise, a Tour de France rider is apparently using the electric Campy group.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=photos/2003/tech/features/tourbikes
2/CH2885

What's the deal on the weight of the setup? The ders are heavier I'm sure, because of the actuators,
plus the battery weight, but the cable and sheathing weight is saved. Still surprised, though, no
matter the weight. >><BR><BR>

Why surprised? Gobs of riders have the 'as a prototype' DA 10s...and the Electronic Record has been
used by under 23 race teams for two or so years..

With all the carbon, they say it's lighter than Record but who knows. Gotta test it somewhere...

(3)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

>Doug-<< To my surprise, a Tour de France rider is apparently using the electric Campy group.
>
>Why surprised? Gobs of riders have the 'as a prototype' DA 10s...and the Electronic Record has been
>used by under 23 race teams for two or so years..

Surprised, because of reliability concerns. I wouldn't use an electric setup on a long ride. But I
suppose these guys with whole spare bikes just seconds away think differently.

Doug

> To my surprise, a Tour de France rider is apparently using the electric Campy group.

Better start checking CampyOnly's rumors page more frequently: http://www.campyonly.com/rumors.html

I'm not sure about the electronic groupset but for the rest Campagnolo is really on the right track,
just look at next years stuff. Chorus is almost copied from this years Record (carbon Ergo's and
rear der.) and Record gets lots more carbon. Also lot's of upgrades in the lower groups. Shimano's
new 10 speed stuff really can't compete in my opinion.

> Hey all,
>
> To my surprise, a Tour de France rider is apparently using the electric Campy group.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=photos/2003/tech/features/tourbikes2/CH2885
>
> What's the deal on the weight of the setup? The ders are heavier I'm sure, because of the
> actuators, plus the battery weight, but the cable and sheathing weight is saved. Still surprised,
> though, no matter the weight.
>
> Doug

Electric is nothing new . The first generation were known to fail. 5 years ago maybe ? mavic ?

> Electric is nothing new . The first generation were known to fail. 5 years ago maybe ? mavic ?

Yes, Mavic with the Mektronic. That's why i said i wasn't sure if i liked it.