TdF Spoiler Millar

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:46:54 +0100, marc
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Is he going to do it?

It'd be nice.

I saw them all pass at the official start line in Greenwich. It was
all over for another 13 years in the twinkling of an eye.

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:46:54 +0100, marc
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Is he going to do it?

> It'd be nice.
>
> I saw them all pass at the official start line in Greenwich. It was
> all over for another 13 years in the twinkling of an eye.

I was there too. What an atmosphere.
No space on the pavements - we were hanging on the railings of the navel
college. Not a spare inch.

I am please to say that the biggest cheers of the day were saved for the
everyday cyclists which the LCC had organised to ride behind the main
peleton, amongst the tour vehicles. Chapeau.

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:05:51 +0100, John Hearns <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:46:54 +0100, marc
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Is he going to do it?

>> It'd be nice.
>>
>> I saw them all pass at the official start line in Greenwich. It was
>> all over for another 13 years in the twinkling of an eye.

>I was there too. What an atmosphere.
>No space on the pavements - we were hanging on the railings of the navel
>college. Not a spare inch.

Twice I heard cries of small voices from the croud, "Look, it's Mr
Crispin". It was pleasing that my pupils had dragged their parents
out to the start line, even if I wanted to shrink away into a corner.

>I am please to say that the biggest cheers of the day were saved for the
> everyday cyclists which the LCC had organised to ride behind the main
>peleton, amongst the tour vehicles. Chapeau.

I thought they were renegade cyclists. That's why I cheered anyway.

Tom Crispin wrote:

>> I am please to say that the biggest cheers of the day were saved for the
>> everyday cyclists which the LCC had organised to ride behind the main
>> peleton, amongst the tour vehicles. Chapeau.

> I thought they were renegade cyclists. That's why I cheered anyway.

I was given that information by the person standing next to me.
He could very well have been getting mixed up with the British
Cyclosportive.
So yes, they might very wll have been just ordinary cyclists.

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:05:51 +0100, John Hearns <[email protected]> wrote:
> Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:46:54 +0100, marc
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Is he going to do it?

>> It'd be nice.
>>
>> I saw them all pass at the official start line in Greenwich. It was
>> all over for another 13 years in the twinkling of an eye.

> I was there too. What an atmosphere.
> No space on the pavements - we were hanging on the railings of the navel
> college.

Something to do with oranges or belly-buttons? <g>

--
Andy Leighton => [email protected]
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_