TdF *Spoiler thread* TT

elyob

Guest
< This thread will contain spoilers!!! >

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

< hope that's enough spacers >

Anyway, it's interesting watching Betfair's odds at the same time as this.
Just got 16's for Pereiro to win the TdF. Couple of quid on that I reckon.
He keeps bouncing about, but Landis is still full favourite at 1.09

> Anyway, it's interesting watching Betfair's odds at the same time as this.
> Just got 16's for Pereiro to win the TdF. Couple of quid on that I reckon.
> He keeps bouncing about, but Landis is still full favourite at 1.09

Ah, that looks like a lost £2 then! Looks like tomorrow isn't going to be a
procession.

elyob came up with the following;:
> < This thread will contain spoilers!!! >
>
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> < hope that's enough spacers >
>
> Anyway, it's interesting watching Betfair's odds at the same time as this.
> Just got 16's for Pereiro to win the TdF. Couple of quid on that I reckon.
> He keeps bouncing about, but Landis is still full favourite at 1.09

LOL ... Landis has annoyed me a tad when he said during his after race
interview that he's won the tour. He hasn't, he's likely to win it
tomorrow, but he hasn't won it yet.

Pereiro, IMHO, looked quite good after the finish, especially as it's his
best TT time by a long way. Could mean fireworks tomorrow and a few quid
for you ... ;)

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> LOL ... Landis has annoyed me a tad when he said during his after race
> interview that he's won the tour. He hasn't, he's likely to win it
> tomorrow, but he hasn't won it yet.
>
> Pereiro, IMHO, looked quite good after the finish, especially as it's his
> best TT time by a long way. Could mean fireworks tomorrow and a few quid
> for you ... ;)

The odds are now 120 ... not many reckoning Pereiro's chances!

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> elyob came up with the following;:
>> < This thread will contain spoilers!!! >
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>

>> < hope that's enough spacers >
>>
>> Anyway, it's interesting watching Betfair's odds at the same time as
>> this.
>> Just got 16's for Pereiro to win the TdF. Couple of quid on that I
>> reckon.
>> He keeps bouncing about, but Landis is still full favourite at 1.09

> LOL ... Landis has annoyed me a tad when he said during his after race
> interview that he's won the tour. He hasn't, he's likely to win it
> tomorrow, but he hasn't won it yet.
>
> Pereiro, IMHO, looked quite good after the finish, especially as it's his
> best TT time by a long way. Could mean fireworks tomorrow and a few quid
> for you ... ;)

Pereiro wouldn't have gone up to Landis and hugged him if he's going to try
anything tomorrow. Still, the BBC message board bods are at it again after
asking if Boonen can hang onto yellow until Paris a while ago:

BBC moderator says "Floyd Landis claims the yellow jersey after finishing
third in the time-trial - the penultimate stage of the Tour.

The American started 30 seconds behind Oscar Pereiro but transformed that
deficit into a 59-second lead going into Sunday's final stage into Paris.

How do you see it going tomorrow? Will Landis hold on?"

No - he will get struck by lightning and his wheels will explode taking
nearly all the field with it. Bradley Wiggins will then take yellow.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Simon Mason wrote on 22/07/2006 17:09 +0100:
> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> elyob came up with the following;:
>>> < This thread will contain spoilers!!! >
>>>
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>> .
>>>

> How do you see it going tomorrow? Will Landis hold on?"
>
> No - he will get struck by lightning and his wheels will explode taking
> nearly all the field with it. Bradley Wiggins will then take yellow.

Don't discount his bike exploding. The French will be mighty ****** at
another damn Yankee winning their Tour and may well take guerilla action
egged on by L'Equipe. I can see the headline "Yankee pretender to Tour
crown fails in drug fuelled explosion. No French riders hurt. Vive la
France"

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Paul - *** wrote:
> elyob came up with the following;:
>> < This thread will contain spoilers!!! >
>>
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> .
>>

>> < hope that's enough spacers >
>>
>> Anyway, it's interesting watching Betfair's odds at the same time as
>> this. Just got 16's for Pereiro to win the TdF. Couple of quid on
>> that I reckon. He keeps bouncing about, but Landis is still full
>> favourite at 1.09

> LOL ... Landis has annoyed me a tad when he said during his after race
> interview that he's won the tour. He hasn't, he's likely to win it
> tomorrow, but he hasn't won it yet.

Did you notice the very brief shot of Periero congratulating Landis (still
wearing yellow) at the end of the stage (at least it looked like a
"congratulations" to me). I think Pereiro has no intention of doing
anything tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a day for McEwan and others to fight
for the honour of the final day stage win.

> Pereiro, IMHO, looked quite good after the finish, especially as it's
> his best TT time by a long way.

Agreed. He did a very good ride. But I think he knew he was fighting for
second since Thursday evening.

> Could mean fireworks tomorrow and a few quid for you ... ;)

Don't think so.

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

> Simon Mason wrote on 22/07/2006 17:09 +0100:
>> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> elyob came up with the following;:

>> How do you see it going tomorrow? Will Landis hold on?"
>>
>> No - he will get struck by lightning and his wheels will explode taking
>> nearly all the field with it. Bradley Wiggins will then take yellow.
>>

> Don't discount his bike exploding. The French will be mighty ****** at
> another damn Yankee winning their Tour and may well take guerilla action
> egged on by L'Equipe. I can see the headline "Yankee pretender to Tour
> crown fails in drug fuelled explosion. No French riders hurt. Vive la
> France"

I don't know - even LeBlanc said that Landis' solo suicide bid was the best
he had ever seen and he's not known as a lover of the septics. I reckon the
French will take him to their hearts in a similar way. Only hope he doesn't
do a Heras (Spain 05) and get stripped of the title later on due to doping.

--

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:15:20 +0100, Tony Raven wrote:

> Simon Mason wrote on 22/07/2006 17:09 +0100:
>> "Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> elyob came up with the following;:

>> How do you see it going tomorrow? Will Landis hold on?"
>>
>> No - he will get struck by lightning and his wheels will explode taking
>> nearly all the field with it. Bradley Wiggins will then take yellow.
>>

> Don't discount his bike exploding. The French will be mighty ****** at
> another damn Yankee winning their Tour and may well take guerilla action
> egged on by L'Equipe. I can see the headline "Yankee pretender to Tour
> crown fails in drug fuelled explosion. No French riders hurt. Vive la
> France"

Cyclingnews think otherwise:

"Landis seems to have been warmly received by the press in France and
further afield, with his superb ride in the mountains on Thursday earning
praise."

It was a damn good race this year. Next year we have the London start
and it's time they went through the Corrèze again, where I have friends
to stay with. I hope the racing lives up to it.

Mike