TDF Spoiler

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by MikeyOz, Jul 23, 2007.

  1. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    Recorded and watched the stage this morning.... even though I was a little disappointed there wasn't more attacking from the main bunch thanks to team Rado..... that last bit with Conti and Chicken legs was awesome.... going to be an awesome last stage in the mountains.... I reckon Cadel did ok.... I think Discovery could be Cadel's great friend at the moment.

    I really feel sorry for Vino.... that was just an awesome ride this morning, my wife is watching it with me in the mornings and it is having the desired effect, she has already mentioned twice so far, following the course next year in a campervan... :) Stopping in the towns and seeing the churches while I ride from Town to Town.

    Tags:

  2. Brendo

    Brendo Guest

    On Jul 24, 9:29 am, MikeyOz <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Recorded and watched the stage this morning.... even though I was a
    > little disappointed there wasn't more attacking from the main bunch
    > thanks to team Rado..... that last bit with Conti and Chicken legs was
    > awesome.... going to be an awesome last stage in the mountains.... I
    > reckon Cadel did ok.... I think Discovery could be Cadel's great friend
    > at the moment.
    >
    > I really feel sorry for Vino.... that was just an awesome ride this
    > morning, my wife is watching it with me in the mornings and it is
    > having the desired effect, she has already mentioned twice so far,
    > following the course next year in a campervan... :) Stopping in the
    > towns and seeing the churches while I ride from Town to Town.
    >
    > --
    > MikeyOz

    You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
    mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
    than through heavy eyelids.

    And the Chicken v Contador thing was great. Don;t know why, but it's
    always good to see s cocky young fella with no respect. He's pretty
    hot up the hill's though.

    Brendo

  3. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Brendo wrote:

    > You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
    > mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
    > than through heavy eyelids.

    As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
    roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
    duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

    Theo

  4. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    On Jul 24, 11:53 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Brendo wrote:
    > > You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
    > > mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
    > > than through heavy eyelids.

    > As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
    > roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
    > duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

    Or a helecopter :)

  5. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    What are you talking about Armstrong.

  6. Brendo

    Brendo Guest

    On Jul 24, 10:44 am, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Jul 24, 11:53 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Brendo wrote:
    > > > You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
    > > > mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
    > > > than through heavy eyelids.

    > > As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
    > > roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
    > > duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

    > Or a helecopter :)

    True, staking your place 2 days prior just to see 180 cyclists whizz
    past in about 15 seconds would be a bit of a fizzer, but still, it's a
    fizzer you can tell your grandkids about.

    And as if there is nothing else to while you're over there.

    And if I went I would take a TV, and I'd try to take a cobble, and a
    jersey, and a bike if it's not locked down, and whatever else I could
    get my greasy hands on!!

    Brendo.

  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:04:02 -0700, Brendo wrote:

    > True, staking your place 2 days prior just to see 180 cyclists whizz
    > past in about 15 seconds would be a bit of a fizzer, but still, it's a
    > fizzer you can tell your grandkids about.

    That's why you wear a Borat mankini and run along side for a minute or so.
    It also gives you something more to tell your grandkids about, and you can
    get the video footage off Youtube.

    --
    Dave Hughes | [email protected]
    In other words, a typical bottle of scotch is a man-day of drunkenness.

  8. On Jul 24, 1:01 pm, Dancier <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Brendo Wrote:> but it's always good to see s cocky young fella with no respect. He's
    > > pretty hot up the hill's though.
    > > Brendo

    > What are you talking about Armstrong.
    >
    > --
    > Dancier

    I think not possibly.

    My GF and I are considering driving the route (out of season) and
    riding a bit. Then watching it on TV when it comes around.