TDF Spoiler

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
Recorded and watched the stage this morning.... even though I was a little disappointed there wasn't more attacking from the main bunch thanks to team Rado..... that last bit with Conti and Chicken legs was awesome.... going to be an awesome last stage in the mountains.... I reckon Cadel did ok.... I think Discovery could be Cadel's great friend at the moment.

I really feel sorry for Vino.... that was just an awesome ride this morning, my wife is watching it with me in the mornings and it is having the desired effect, she has already mentioned twice so far, following the course next year in a campervan... :) Stopping in the towns and seeing the churches while I ride from Town to Town.

On Jul 24, 9:29 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2u7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Recorded and watched the stage this morning.... even though I was a
> little disappointed there wasn't more attacking from the main bunch
> thanks to team Rado..... that last bit with Conti and Chicken legs was
> awesome.... going to be an awesome last stage in the mountains.... I
> reckon Cadel did ok.... I think Discovery could be Cadel's great friend
> at the moment.
>
> I really feel sorry for Vino.... that was just an awesome ride this
> morning, my wife is watching it with me in the mornings and it is
> having the desired effect, she has already mentioned twice so far,
> following the course next year in a campervan... :) Stopping in the
> towns and seeing the churches while I ride from Town to Town.
>
> --
> MikeyOz

You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
than through heavy eyelids.

And the Chicken v Contador thing was great. Don;t know why, but it's
always good to see s cocky young fella with no respect. He's pretty
hot up the hill's though.

Brendo

Brendo wrote:

> You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
> mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
> than through heavy eyelids.

As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

Theo

On Jul 24, 11:53 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Brendo wrote:
> > You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
> > mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
> > than through heavy eyelids.

> As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
> roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
> duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

Or a helecopter :)

Brendo said:
but it's always good to see s cocky young fella with no respect. He's pretty hot up the hill's though.
Brendo
What are you talking about Armstrong.

On Jul 24, 10:44 am, Bleve <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 24, 11:53 am, "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Brendo wrote:
> > > You have been blessed!! I must admit, though, my wife also has
> > > mentioned how good it would be to see it from the roadside, rather
> > > than through heavy eyelids.

> > As long as you realise it's about the atmosphere, not the racing. From the
> > roadside you will get a couple of minutes of coverage per day. No watching
> > duels up the mountain. Take a TV.

> Or a helecopter :)

True, staking your place 2 days prior just to see 180 cyclists whizz
past in about 15 seconds would be a bit of a fizzer, but still, it's a
fizzer you can tell your grandkids about.

And as if there is nothing else to while you're over there.

And if I went I would take a TV, and I'd try to take a cobble, and a
jersey, and a bike if it's not locked down, and whatever else I could
get my greasy hands on!!

Brendo.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:04:02 -0700, Brendo wrote:

> True, staking your place 2 days prior just to see 180 cyclists whizz
> past in about 15 seconds would be a bit of a fizzer, but still, it's a
> fizzer you can tell your grandkids about.

That's why you wear a Borat mankini and run along side for a minute or so.
It also gives you something more to tell your grandkids about, and you can
get the video footage off Youtube.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
In other words, a typical bottle of scotch is a man-day of drunkenness.

On Jul 24, 1:01 pm, Dancier <Dancier.2u7...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Brendo Wrote:> but it's always good to see s cocky young fella with no respect. He's
> > pretty hot up the hill's though.
> > Brendo

> What are you talking about Armstrong.
>
> --
> Dancier

I think not possibly.

My GF and I are considering driving the route (out of season) and
riding a bit. Then watching it on TV when it comes around.