TdF - stage 17 camping help

Choccy

Jun 24, 2010
Good morning

I am taking my 11 year old son to watch Le Tour on the Pau to Col du Tourmalet stage. We will be flying so will take a very small light tent, and the minumum of gear.

As we are on a (very) tight budget, we would not like to stay in an official site. Is there anywhere on the stage that anyone can recommend, preferably on an uphill section, and being near a place where we can eat, go to the toilet etc.

If anyone is going, can I have your contact details in case of an emergency?

I don't have any advice for you guys, but i am doing the same thing you guys are doing. i fly into Pau on the 17th. I'll be trying to get to the tourmalet from there. do you guys have a plan for getting to the tourmalet? i plan on hitch-hicking. hopefully everything works out for all of us.

damientalese said:
I don't have any advice for you guys, but i am doing the same thing you guys are doing. i fly into Pau on the 17th. I'll be trying to get to the tourmalet from there. do you guys have a plan for getting to the tourmalet? i plan on hitch-hicking. hopefully everything works out for all of us.

doOd, you gotta learn what spam means, they are tricky. how in the hell is anyone with a sane mental capacity gonna ask for emergency detail numbers? and this is not the first time a post asking for such info has arose on here.

pay closer attention next time, bub.

roadhouse said:
doOd, you gotta learn what spam means, they are tricky. how in the hell is anyone with a sane mental capacity gonna ask for emergency detail numbers? and this is not the first time a post asking for such info has arose on here.

pay closer attention next time, bub.
Your right. i thought it was kinda weird that somebody was asking for emergency phone numbers. I didn't give up any info. nor did i ask to travel with him and his 11 year old son.

there is no 11 year old son, that's the thing. spam happens here a lot for some reason but the mods are usually good about getting it off.

damientalese said:
Thanks. We are flying to Bergerac and have a hire car booked. Which part are you going to camp on. We have not booked a site

While you're at it, buy yourself a big bucket of chalk, get to the site 2 days ahead of time, and write "CYCLINGFORUMS.COM" in huge letters so that the helicopter can videotape it for publicity.