TdF team presentation, thursday or friday?

hstream

May 4, 2006
I'm going to Strasbourg for the team presentation and first three stages. Today on Eurosport they said the team presentation should be aired on Eurosport 1, on either thursday or friday. Anyone know for sure what day it really is?

Hstream

Team presentations for tdf are usually 10 days before the race start. Given it starts on 1 July, it seems a little early for any of this. Not heard about this.

Ullefan said:
Team presentations for tdf are usually 10 days before the race start. Given it starts on 1 July, it seems a little early for any of this. Not heard about this.
Are we talking about the same thing? I mean when they present all teams/riders in the tour on a podium, which I always thought were done on friday, prior to the prolog on saturday. Now with Eurosport mentioning thursday I'm a little unsure...

Hstream

hstream said:
Are we talking about the same thing? I mean when they present all teams/riders in the tour on a podium, which I always thought were done on friday, prior to the prolog on saturday. Now with Eurosport mentioning thursday I'm a little unsure...

Hstream
I was talking about the full team selection presentation. You're talking about the on stage presentation which is always the day before the prologue, so must June 30th.

Ullefan said:
I was talking about the full team selection presentation. You're talking about the on stage presentation which is always the day before the prologue, so must June 30th.
Thanks. By the way, we're rooting for the same guy. :)

Hstream

This year it's on Thursday, 'cause of World Cup. It's going to be held on boats across Strasbourg canals.

Andrija said:
This year it's on Thursday, 'cause of World Cup. It's going to be held on boats across Strasbourg canals.
correct and yes because of the world cup (football, soccer)

Andrija said:
Ok, thanks.

Boats across the canals, you've got more info about this? Is it only for VIP people on the boats, or is it possible to get a good view of it as a casual, non-important fan?

Hstream

hstream said:
Ok, thanks.

Boats across the canals, you've got more info about this? Is it only for VIP people on the boats, or is it possible to get a good view of it as a casual, non-important fan?

Hstream
Only VIP's and press on the boats, but these canals are not very big and you will have a better view if you're not on a boat...