TDF = The Daytime tour of French fences

xzzy

Guest
FRANCE:
It must be embarrassing that you cannot even just place in, let alone
win, either the tdf or the french F1 Grand Prix.

It must hurt so bad that France will even go below dirt to do the
following:
http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/7/1/sports/18184653&sec=sports

MAGNY-COURS: Finland's Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari was among six drivers
forced to undergo an anti-doping control here on Friday, motor sport's world
ruling body (FIA) announced.

Raikkonen, Rubens Barrichello (Honda), Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber), Nico
Rosberg (Williams), Vitantonio Liuzzi (Toro Rosso) and Anthony Davidson
(Super Aguri) were selected to provide urine samples for the test.

The samples have been tested, but so far the results have not been
announced.

Doping controls in the Formula One are rare, however, the president of
France's national anti-doping agency (AFLD), Pierre Bordry, said on
Wednesday that the tests would be carried out at Magny-Cours ahead of today's
Grand Prix. - AFP

On Jul 2, 9:17 pm, "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> FRANCE:
> It must be embarrassing that you cannot even just place in, let alone
> win, either the tdf or the french F1 Grand Prix.
>
> It must hurt so bad that France will even go below dirt to do the
> following:http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/7/1/sports/18184653...
>
> MAGNY-COURS: Finland's Kimi Raikkonen of Ferrari was among six drivers
> forced to undergo an anti-doping control here on Friday, motor sport's world
> ruling body (FIA) announced.
>
> Raikkonen, Rubens Barrichello (Honda), Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber), Nico
> Rosberg (Williams), Vitantonio Liuzzi (Toro Rosso) and Anthony Davidson
> (Super Aguri) were selected to provide urine samples for the test.
>
> The samples have been tested, but so far the results have not been
> announced.
>
> Doping controls in the Formula One are rare, however, the president of
> France's national anti-doping agency (AFLD), Pierre Bordry, said on
> Wednesday that the tests would be carried out at Magny-Cours ahead of today's
> Grand Prix. - AFP

Seems kind of silly to me. I don't see any reason to test drivers of
200+ mph vehicles traveling 3' from each other. They're not a danger
to anyone or anything. They're wearing helmets, fer crissakes! What
motivation would they have for taking the drugs? They're gentlemen
and taking drugs would give someone an unfair advantage. That's just
not right, and I'm sure they'd never do it.