TDG and Mike Creed

Tritonrider

Guest
I've been out of the loop for a bit. Looks like Lance and
George are doing as expected. What's Mike doing, and how's
his race going. I've seen the results but those don't mean
**** for a domestique. Has he been a real asset to the
team? Bill C

Originally posted by Tritonrider
I've been out of the loop for a bit. Looks like Lance and
George are doing as expected. What's Mike doing, and how's
his race going. I've seen the results but those don't mean
**** for a domestique. Has he been a real asset to the
team? Bill C

Talk to him this morning and he is doing just fine. He was told to take it "easy" in the TT yesterday and be ready for the next 2 days. It looks like from his results in the TT he may have gone over board on the take it easy part..............
I know he hated to hold back, becausehe loves to TT but you do what the team requires.
He is riding well and Lance is please with Michaels domestique role. The next 2 days will really text him and he knows it.
Michael has been enjoying the Postal experience so far, the team bus and all the fans have been unbeliveable. He also said the crowds have been huge !!!!! I don't think anyone expected the TDG to be such a huge attraction, but it is great for US cycling.

"OMC"

>From: omc [email protected]

snipped
>"OMC"

Glad to hear he's having fun and riding well. It's
great that he got the chance to be with a major
international team and learn from the guys there. Good
luck to him. Bill C

That's an understatement. I hope he's not too much in fear
of the bosses. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's all a learning expereince for him, I'm sure it takes a while to get adjusted. Right now he just wants to do exactly what they ask.
Finding that happy medium will take a bit..........
I think his next TT won't be so extreme.

"OMC"

omc wrote:

> That's an understatement. I hope he's not too much in fear
> of the bosses.
>
> It's all a learning expereince for him, I'm sure it takes
> a while to get adjusted. Right now he just wants to do
> exactly what they ask. Finding that happy medium will take
> a bit.......... I think his next TT won't be so extreme.
>

> "OMC"

From the looks of things he earned his pay today. I see a
bunch of the young guns dragging themselves in around
Cipo's time. I expect that means they were spent after
covering so many attacks.

Lieswyn's diary on Cyclingnews.com has this to say about Creed and his
teammate Cruz:

"Postal set a good tempo until the time gap went over four
minutes, and then they switched to what Moninger
appropriately called 'stun mode'. They took it up from about
44 km/h to 48 km/h on rolling terrain. The peloton strung
out single file, and Sayers reported that gaps were opening
all over the place. Driven primarily by Tony Cruz and Mike
Creed at this point, we must have held this pace for an
hour. Two guys chasing ten. Pretty impressive! Cruz has some
serious form right now."

(see http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/diaries/john/?i-
d=john0414)

If Creed and Cruz were sharing the load and Cruz has serious
form, then presumably Creed does too.

David Newman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Lieswyn's diary on Cyclingnews.com has this to say about
> Creed and his teammate Cruz:
>
> "Postal set a good tempo until the time gap went over four
> minutes, and then they switched to what Moninger
> appropriately called 'stun mode'. They took it up from
> about 44 km/h to 48 km/h on rolling terrain. The peloton
> strung out single file, and Sayers reported that gaps were
> opening all over the place. Driven primarily by Tony Cruz
> and Mike Creed at this point, we must have held this pace
> for an hour. Two guys chasing ten. Pretty impressive! Cruz
> has some serious form right now."
>
> (see http://www.cyclingnews.com/riders/2004/diaries/john/-
> ?id=john0414)
>
> If Creed and Cruz were sharing the load and Cruz has
> serious form, then presumably Creed does too.
>
> >>Dave

I think that from the photos I've seen that there was plenty
of suffering yesterday:

http://velogal.smugmug.com/gallery/104693/2/3699952
http://velogal.smugmug.com/gallery/104693/3/3699978

"OMC"