TdG - On the road up to the Feldberg

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Keith, Aug 21, 2005.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Watching live on Sport+ !
    Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
    Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

    Tags:

  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:46:09 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Watching live on Sport+ !
    >Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
    >Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

  3. Keith

    Keith Guest

    What a wimp

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:48:51 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them
    >
    >On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:46:09 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Watching live on Sport+ !
    >>Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
    >>Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:52:02 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What a wimp

    Riding with Jullich now, how low will he go

    >On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:48:51 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them
    >>
    >>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:46:09 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Watching live on Sport+ !
    >>>Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
    >>>Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

  5. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Cadel Evans wins, 42 seconds down for Ullrich, pathetic

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:53:32 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:52:02 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>What a wimp

    >Riding with Jullich now, how low will he go
    >

    >>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:48:51 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them

  6. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    > Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

    Obviously the grape preparation method.

  7. Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  8. trg

    trg Guest

    "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
    de news: [email protected]...
    > Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
    >
    > JT

    As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first major
    move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off the back
    again.

    With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he may
    be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if they buy
    a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

    The comentators on Sport Plus spent about half an hour talking about Raisin
    as a bright prospect for the future and the relative lack of young French
    prospects, discussing the subject with some of the DS at the TdG. Cyril
    Guimard expects to see Raisin doing well in important stage races in the
    next year or two.

  9. On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    >> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

    > Obviously the grape preparation method.

    What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

    --
    E. Dronkert

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    >>> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

    >> Obviously the grape preparation method.

    > What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

    It's his raisin d'etre.

  11. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    trg wrote:
    > "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
    > de news: [email protected]x.com...
    >
    >>Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
    >>
    >>JT

    > As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first major
    > move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off the back
    > again.
    >
    > With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he may
    > be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if they buy
    > a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

    Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or
    Pietro Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to
    bear the weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

  12. trg

    trg Guest

    "sonarrat" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email protected]
    > trg wrote:
    >> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
    >> message de news: [email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
    >>>
    >>>JT

    >> As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first
    >> major move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off
    >> the back again.
    >>
    >> With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he
    >> may be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if
    >> they buy a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

    > Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or Pietro
    > Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to bear the
    > weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

    Of course not, but with the Pro Tour requiring participation in 3 GTs and 8
    smaller 1 week tours, plus with many of the smaller tours which are located
    in France being on C.A's schedule, Raisin will get several chances to show
    his stuff, and not just fetch bidons which he would likely do more of had he
    signed with a powerhouse like DSC, GST, CSC.

    On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year. That's
    an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on French PT teams
    where they may get a bit more responsability due to the relative weakness of
    the teams (and young French riders). According to CyclingNews, Tyler said
    he's looking forward leading out O'Grady.

  13. D. Ferguson

    D. Ferguson Guest

    at least it's going to make for a more interesting TT.

  14. On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:33 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    >> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >>> Obviously the grape preparation method.

    >> What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

    > It's his raisin d'etre.

    Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  15. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:33 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    >> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    >>>
    >>> What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

    >> It's his raisin d'etre.

    > Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

    Sun-Maid.

  16. On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:12:27 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

    >>> It's his raisin d'etre.

    >> Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

    > Sun-Maid.

    How can I do better than

    http://www.sunmaid.com/recipesmain.html
    New Taste of Tradition
    Healthier Eating
    Recipes in Record Time
    To Do With Kids!
    Backpack Snacks
    Fast Fruit
    Sun-Maid Favorites
    Touch of the Sun
    Cinnamon Raisin Bread
    Raisin Bread for your Bread Machine
    Cookies!
    A Bakers Dozen

    --
    E. Dronkert

  17. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  18. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I think that Saul is showing a whole lot of potential and expect to see
    a lot more of him in the future.

    This isn't 1980 where someone like Hinault could ride the front from 20
    years old or some such thing. There are so many great riders these days
    that if a young guy like Saul can stay on the same climb with them he
    is showing signs of greatness.

  19. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    trg wrote:
    > "sonarrat" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > [email protected]
    >
    >>trg wrote:
    >>
    >>>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
    >>>message de news: [email protected]...

    >>>As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first
    >>>major move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off
    >>>the back again.
    >>>
    >>>With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he
    >>>may be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if
    >>>they buy a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

    >>Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or Pietro
    >>Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to bear the
    >>weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

    > Of course not, but with the Pro Tour requiring participation in 3 GTs and 8
    > smaller 1 week tours, plus with many of the smaller tours which are located
    > in France being on C.A's schedule, Raisin will get several chances to show
    > his stuff, and not just fetch bidons which he would likely do more of had he
    > signed with a powerhouse like DSC, GST, CSC.

    I wonder who has to fetch bidons for Raisin, then. Probably not a
    terribly happy person.

    > On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year. That's
    > an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on French PT teams
    > where they may get a bit more responsability due to the relative weakness of
    > the teams (and young French riders). According to CyclingNews, Tyler said
    > he's looking forward leading out O'Grady.

    Cofidis doesn't exactly have the best track record with Americans...

  20. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > trg wrote:

    >> On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year.
    >> That's an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on
    >> French PT teams where they may get a bit more responsability due to
    >> the relative weakness of the teams (and young French riders).
    >> According to CyclingNews, Tyler said he's looking forward leading out
    >> O'Grady.

    > Cofidis doesn't exactly have the best track record with Americans...

    And who do they have a good track record with? Besides Armstrong getting
    cancer, VDB going nuts, and David Millar's little doping problem . . .
    more here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cofidis+curse

    NS