TdG - On the road up to the Feldberg

Keith

Guest
Watching live on Sport+ !
Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:46:09 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

>Watching live on Sport+ !
>Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
>Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

What a wimp

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:52:02 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:

>What a wimp

Riding with Jullich now, how low will he go

>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:48:51 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Totschnig takes over, Lepi in tow, Ullrich with them
>>
>>On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:46:09 GMT, Keith <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Watching live on Sport+ !
>>>Horrible weather, exactly what LA liked ;-)
>>>Jekker attacks, Ullrich follows, Lepi can't keep up

Cadel Evans wins, 42 seconds down for Ullrich, pathetic

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

Obviously the grape preparation method.

Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
de news: [email protected]...
> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
>
> JT

As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first major
move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off the back
again.

With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he may
be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if they buy
a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

The comentators on Sport Plus spent about half an hour talking about Raisin
as a bright prospect for the future and the relative lack of young French
prospects, discussing the subject with some of the DS at the TdG. Cyril
Guimard expects to see Raisin doing well in important stage races in the
next year or two.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

> Obviously the grape preparation method.

What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
>> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>>> Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.

>> Obviously the grape preparation method.

> What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

It's his raisin d'etre.

trg wrote:
> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message
> de news: [email protected]...
>
>>Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
>>
>>JT

> As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first major
> move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off the back
> again.
>
> With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he may
> be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if they buy
> a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or
Pietro Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to
bear the weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

"sonarrat" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> trg wrote:
>> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
>> message de news: [email protected]...
>>
>>>Dang, I didn't realize Saul Raisin was doing so well. Wow.
>>>
>>>JT

>> As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first
>> major move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off
>> the back again.
>>
>> With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he
>> may be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if
>> they buy a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

> Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or Pietro
> Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to bear the
> weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

Of course not, but with the Pro Tour requiring participation in 3 GTs and 8
smaller 1 week tours, plus with many of the smaller tours which are located
in France being on C.A's schedule, Raisin will get several chances to show
his stuff, and not just fetch bidons which he would likely do more of had he
signed with a powerhouse like DSC, GST, CSC.

On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year. That's
an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on French PT teams
where they may get a bit more responsability due to the relative weakness of
the teams (and young French riders). According to CyclingNews, Tyler said
he's looking forward leading out O'Grady.

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:33 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:12:30 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
>>> Obviously the grape preparation method.

>> What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

> It's his raisin d'etre.

Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 20:53:33 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
>> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>>>
>>> What, letting them dry out and take on as last name?

>> It's his raisin d'etre.

> Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

Sun-Maid.

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:12:27 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>> It's his raisin d'etre.

>> Saul Raisin, the Funky Fruit.

> Sun-Maid.

How can I do better than

http://www.sunmaid.com/recipesmain.html
New Taste of Tradition
Healthier Eating
Recipes in Record Time
To Do With Kids!
Backpack Snacks
Fast Fruit
Sun-Maid Favorites
Touch of the Sun
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Raisin Bread for your Bread Machine
Cookies!
A Bakers Dozen

--
E. Dronkert

I think that Saul is showing a whole lot of potential and expect to see
a lot more of him in the future.

This isn't 1980 where someone like Hinault could ride the front from 20
years old or some such thing. There are so many great riders these days
that if a young guy like Saul can stay on the same climb with them he
is showing signs of greatness.

trg wrote:
> "sonarrat" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
>>trg wrote:
>>
>>>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le
>>>message de news: [email protected]...

>>>As far as I could tell from the coverage, he got dropped at the first
>>>major move on the final ascent, caught back on for a bit an then went off
>>>the back again.
>>>
>>>With Moreau and Kashechkin both leaving the team, Raisin looks like he
>>>may be getting some real responbsibilities next year with C.A, even if
>>>they buy a seasoned GC guy and put a lot of effort into supporting Thor.

>>Not so fast. We may not talk a whole lot about Patrice Halgand or Pietro
>>Caucchioli, but they're proven performers. Raisin won't have to bear the
>>weight of the entire team on his shoulders.

> Of course not, but with the Pro Tour requiring participation in 3 GTs and 8
> smaller 1 week tours, plus with many of the smaller tours which are located
> in France being on C.A's schedule, Raisin will get several chances to show
> his stuff, and not just fetch bidons which he would likely do more of had he
> signed with a powerhouse like DSC, GST, CSC.

I wonder who has to fetch bidons for Raisin, then. Probably not a
terribly happy person.

> On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year. That's
> an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on French PT teams
> where they may get a bit more responsability due to the relative weakness of
> the teams (and young French riders). According to CyclingNews, Tyler said
> he's looking forward leading out O'Grady.

Cofidis doesn't exactly have the best track record with Americans...

sonarrat <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> trg wrote:

>> On a similar note, Tyler Farrar will be riding for Cofidis next year.
>> That's an interesting phenomen, top young US riders starting out on
>> French PT teams where they may get a bit more responsability due to
>> the relative weakness of the teams (and young French riders).
>> According to CyclingNews, Tyler said he's looking forward leading out
>> O'Grady.

> Cofidis doesn't exactly have the best track record with Americans...

And who do they have a good track record with? Besides Armstrong getting
cancer, VDB going nuts, and David Millar's little doping problem . . .
more here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cofidis+curse

NS