Team Milram - what were Campy thinking?

PeterF said:
They should have gone hard to sign Milram...
Pure speculation, but perhaps Campagnolo had already comitted to sticking with Giancarlo Feretti and equipping the Sony Ericsson team.

dm69 said:
+1. its petacchi, boonen, mcewen then a big drop. Of course mcewen in my opinion is better than all because he can climb over alps to win the GT stages in the third week...ahhemm and he is ozzy :p ;) :D .
Boonen won on the Champs-Elysees in 04, Petacchi won in Milan the past two years. BAM!

Alright, my bad, back on topic...

patch70 said:
Don't know, hoping someone here knows. After having Petacchi, Boonen & McEwen on Campy, they were probably desperate to get a decent sprinter (or two!) on Shimano.
Don't look now, but Boonen just beat out Zabel in three consecutive sprints at the Tour of Qatar.

artmichalek said:
Don't look now, but Boonen just beat out Zabel in three consecutive sprints at the Tour of Qatar.

I can't help but look, but that landscape is so depressing. Flat sand and barbed wire fences and wind... yuck. Anyway, no mountain stage and no time trial in ToQ. Also no podium girls...

DiabloScott said:
Also no podium girls...
I can't remember if it was one or two years ago that Mario Cipollini won a stage there. I've never seen anyone look so disapointed to be on the podium.

artmichalek said:
Obviously Boonen is beating him because of his Campy gear compared to poor old Zabel stuck on Shimano. ;)