Team Miyata framset valuation

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chuck Liu, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. Chuck Liu

    Chuck Liu Guest

    How would you value a new 1996 Team Miyata frameset?

    Tags:

  2. Richard Chan

    Richard Chan Guest

    Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Chuck Liu" <[email protected]> wrote in news:gTlJa.59271$hz1.136256 @sccrnsc01:
    >
    > > How would you value a new 1996 Team Miyata frameset?
    >
    > On eBay with a ridiculously high reserve price.

    I can't find the eBay Miyata Team so I don't know is it cr-mo steel or AL. since I am not an expert
    of late Miyata's but if it is steel, no more than $200. AL: ~$100. I think their glory years are
    80's? The steel frames are heavy by Columbus SL standards but are well made. I almost got one but
    not in my size.

  3. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

    "Richard Chan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "Chuck Liu" <[email protected]> wrote in news:gTlJa.59271$hz1.136256 @sccrnsc01:
    > >
    > > > How would you value a new 1996 Team Miyata frameset?
    > >
    > > On eBay with a ridiculously high reserve price.
    >
    > I can't find the eBay Miyata Team so I don't know is it cr-mo steel or AL. since I am not an
    > expert of late Miyata's but if it is steel, no more than $200. AL: ~$100. I think their glory
    > years are 80's? The steel frames are heavy by Columbus SL standards but are well made. I almost
    > got one but not in my size.

    Actually there were 2 *steel* Team Miyatas sold on ebay (under completed items). One sold for a
    little over $150, the other around $225...