Team Radioshack, retirment home for ex TDF greats...or just

MountainPro

Aug 11, 2004
I mean, seriously....are the current new kids on the block suppost to be in awe of LA at el or is this a **** take.....you seen Gran Torino?

MountainPro said:
I mean, seriously....are the current new kids on the block suppost to be in awe of LA at el or is this a **** take.....you seen Gran Torino?

The fact that Martin and Schleck turned him down speaks volumes. No ones going to fall for his schtick particularly after the treatment meted out to Contador in the Tour which had even his most devoted fans questioning his character.

As for developing the sport - well, I'm sure Team Cack will have great soap opera value - bunch of old blokes get together one last time to try and win the Tour one last time - but once Armstrong goes again the sport in the US will be exactly where it was after his first retirement

MountainPro said:

Gran Torino
:D:D:D:D

limerickman said:
Gran Torino
:D:D:D:D

I actually liked Gran Torino, although the end wasn't what I would have expected with him. :) Sort of reminds me of the bow out that Stallone took in the last Rocky.

Mansmind said:
I actually liked Gran Torino, although the end wasn't what I would have expected with him. :) Sort of reminds me of the bow out that Stallone took in the last Rocky.
That's exactly what it was - Clint Eastwood's final role as an actor (though he'll still direct).

I look at the latter half of his career as an attempt at an apologia for the first part - starting with, perhaps, Pale Rider he has been attempting to move away from violence as an acceptable solution to conflict. Unforgiven made it explicit, that violence can do as much damage to the perpetrator as to the victim; Gran Torino may have been the closing statement - there WAS no violent solution (within ANY realistic context of the movie) to the conflict at hand.

Mansmind said:

I enjoyed Gran Torino too - I thought it was a very good movie.
That actor who played the teenage kid was very good.

Gran Torino was kick ass.

Don't believe anything you read about contracts etc until silly season really starts on Sept 1.

just thought of this strange angle. if team the shack, and it is by no means a certainty that they will, secure a pro-license, then is it a certainty that the tour will extend an invitation? all things being equal & taking as a starting point that this bunch will be built around the ego for his greater glory, what will they need to do in the early season to be considered for inclusion? sure the picture will become clearer when line-ups can be announced without penalty, but still grist for the mill.

I am about 95% sure that Kloden will leave Astana at the end of the season but I didn't get any indication of where he is going.
This is derived from information I have received as of this weekend.

I agree. Lance was wanting to say more when they interviewed him. He was ******. The best guy on the team is the winner. If the lowest guy was the winner it wouldn't work. I think Lance should not have come back. Because he's won enough. I think he should have stopped at 6. I mean he's got all the money he needs. What could he be doing it for? If he gets even slower next year and someone decides I'm faster than Lance and I'll be damn. This might be my chance. So he's slowing down, but he has to have fast people. I bet by next year he won't be able to beat Levi. I know why people have turned him down, because they know he wants to be the boss and there will be conflict. There is no way he's in this just to be on the winning team.