Teams Using Continental Tires

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Churchill, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/news/news_jun04.htm
    Continental tyres will be at the Tour as the official supplier to four of the teams that have qualified for the race. Jan Ullrich's T-Mobile squad will be riding Continental for the seventh consecutive season. Tyler Hamilton, another big favourite will be riding for the swiss Phonak team who will use Continental Competition & Tempo tubulars. Credit Agricole and Lotto-Domo will also ride on Conti rubber, as they do every year. They believe in the product and trust that Continental tyres will supply reliability, speed and unrivalled grip in pursuit of Tour de France glory.

    ------

    I would be interested to know what USPS is using for tires ! Anyone know ??

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    Plonk!
    "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/news/news_jun04.htm
    Continental tyres will be at the Tour as the official supplier to four of
    the teams that have qualified for the race. Jan Ullrich's T-Mobile squad
    will be riding Continental for the seventh consecutive season. Tyler
    Hamilton, another big favourite will be riding for the swiss Phonak team who
    will use Continental Competition & Tempo tubulars. Credit Agricole and
    Lotto-Domo will also ride on Conti rubber, as they do every year. They
    believe in the product and trust that Continental tyres will supply
    reliability, speed and unrivalled grip in pursuit of Tour de France glory.
    ------

    I would be interested to know what USPS is using for tires ! Anyone know ??

  3. USPS = Hutchinson
    "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/news/news_jun04.htm
    Continental tyres will be at the Tour as the official supplier to four of the teams that have qualified for the race. Jan Ullrich's T-Mobile squad will be riding Continental for the seventh consecutive season. Tyler Hamilton, another big favourite will be riding for the swiss Phonak team who will use Continental Competition & Tempo tubulars. Credit Agricole and Lotto-Domo will also ride on Conti rubber, as they do every year. They believe in the product and trust that Continental tyres will supply reliability, speed and unrivalled grip in pursuit of Tour de France glory.

    ------

    I would be interested to know what USPS is using for tires ! Anyone know ??

    ---

  4. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

  5. On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:21:53 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:
    \

    >I would be interested to know what USPS is using for tires ! Anyone know ??

    STOP POSTING BINARIES!

  6. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:21:53 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > \
    > >
    > >I would be interested to know what USPS is using for tires ! Anyone know

    ??

    > STOP POSTING BINARIES!

    Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now you are
    stalking me.

    Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

  7. Jiyang Chen

    Jiyang Chen Guest

    "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now

    you are
    > stalking me.
    >
    > Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

    You're gay

  8. I have no idea, but I bet it depends on road conditions as they have different tires for different days.

    I can tell you that what ever version of Contis Phonak is running must be crap -- they've had more punctures than anyone else it seems.

    "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    Hi Jay,

    Do you happen to know the sub-brand of Hutchinson they are using ?
    "JayofMontreal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    USPS = Hutchinson

    ---

  9. Pistof

    Pistof Guest

    > I have no idea, but I bet it depends on road conditions
    > as they have different tires for different days.
    >
    > I can tell you that what ever version of Contis Phonak
    > is running must be crap -- they've had more punctures
    > than anyone else it seems.

    Odd, I thought it was well known that Phonak are guinea-pig'n the Michelin
    tubeless road tires this year.

    Dave

  10. Pistof wrote:

    >>I have no idea, but I bet it depends on road conditions
    >>as they have different tires for different days.
    >>
    >>I can tell you that what ever version of Contis Phonak
    >>is running must be crap -- they've had more punctures
    >>than anyone else it seems.

    > Odd, I thought it was well known that Phonak are guinea-pig'n the Michelin
    > tubeless road tires this year.
    >
    > Dave

    I thought that was Brioches La Boulangere.

    <http://www.bike.com/template.asp?date=7%2F11%2F2003+7%3A00%3A15+AM&lsectionnumber=1>

  11. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:21:53 -0400, "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/news/news_jun04.htm
    >Continental tyres will be at the Tour as the official supplier to four of the teams that have qualified for the race. Jan Ullrich's T-Mobile squad will be riding Continental for the seventh consecutive season. Tyler Hamilton, another big favourite will be riding for the swiss Phonak team who will use Continental Competition & Tempo tubulars. Credit Agricole and Lotto-Domo will also ride on Conti rubber, as they do every year. They believe in the product and trust that Continental tyres will supply reliability, speed and unrivalled grip in pursuit of Tour de France glory.

    I don't know if Continental wants to talk too much about the tires Phonak's been
    running.

    Is it just bad luck? Bad batch of tires? Mechanics missing something? Or does it
    just seem like they're having more than a statistical fair share of trouble?

    Ron

  12. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Pistof" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > > I have no idea, but I bet it depends on road conditions
    > > as they have different tires for different days.
    > >
    > > I can tell you that what ever version of Contis Phonak
    > > is running must be crap -- they've had more punctures
    > > than anyone else it seems.

    > Odd, I thought it was well known that Phonak are guinea-pig'n the Michelin
    > tubeless road tires this year.
    >
    > Dave

    You thought wrong.

  13. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Churchill wrote:
    > "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    >> STOP POSTING BINARIES!

    > Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now
    > you are stalking me.
    >
    > Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

    Are you really this dumb or just pretending? First you tell someone to buy
    a $500 bike at Walmart, then you post a bunch of TdF press releases (in some
    weird HTML or whatever), and now this. You /do/ realize that a plonk
    doesn't work retroactively, right?

    Bill "quelle maroon" S.

  14. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Churchill wrote:
    > > "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > >> STOP POSTING BINARIES!

    > > Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now
    > > you are stalking me.
    > >
    > > Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

    > Are you really this dumb or just pretending? First you tell someone to

    buy
    > a $500 bike at Walmart, then you post a bunch of TdF press releases (in

    some
    > weird HTML or whatever), and now this. You /do/ realize that a plonk
    > doesn't work retroactively, right?
    >
    > Bill "quelle maroon" S.

    Well, this is a cycling ng.

    I notice your post adds absolutely nothing to the ng.

    Bye

  15. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Churchill wrote:
    > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Churchill wrote:
    >>> "Luigi de Guzman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> news:[email protected]

    >>> Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now
    >>> you are stalking me.
    >>>
    >>> Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

    >> Are you really this dumb or just pretending? First you tell someone
    >> to buy a $500 bike at Walmart, then you post a bunch of TdF press
    >> releases (in some weird HTML or whatever), and now this. You /do/
    >> realize that a plonk doesn't work retroactively, right?
    >>
    >> Bill "quelle maroon" S.

    > Well, this is a cycling ng.

    ???

    > I notice your post adds absolutely nothing to the ng.

    Better that than dispense bad (REALLY bad) advice.

    Bill "clue: notice how others said same thing?" S.

  16. zboy

    zboy Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    > > Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now

    > you are
    > > stalking me.
    > >
    > > Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !
    > >

    > You're gay

    YOU SURE TOLD HIM!

  17. Churchill

    Churchill Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Churchill wrote:
    > > "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > >> Are you really this dumb or just pretending? First you tell someone
    > >> to buy a $500 bike at Walmart, then you post a bunch of TdF press
    > >> releases (in some weird HTML or whatever), and now this. You /do/
    > >> realize that a plonk doesn't work retroactively, right?
    > >>
    > >> Bill "quelle maroon" S.

    > > Well, this is a cycling ng.

    > ???
    >
    > > I notice your post adds absolutely nothing to the ng.

    > Better that than dispense bad (REALLY bad) advice.
    >
    > Bill "clue: notice how others said same thing?" S.

    Monkey see - Monkey do :)

  18. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Churchill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >> Luigi, first you whine and complain and say you 'Plonked' me and now
    >> you are stalking me.
    >>
    >> Why don't you go find someone else to stalk your a strange person !

    > You're gay

    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  19. Pistof

    Pistof Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Pistof wrote:
    >
    > >>I have no idea, but I bet it depends on road conditions
    > >>as they have different tires for different days.
    > >>
    > >>I can tell you that what ever version of Contis Phonak
    > >>is running must be crap -- they've had more punctures
    > >>than anyone else it seems.

    > > Odd, I thought it was well known that Phonak are guinea-pig'n the

    Michelin
    > > tubeless road tires this year.
    > >
    > > Dave
    > >

    > I thought that was Brioches La Boulangere.

    <http://www.bike.com/template.asp?date=7/11/2003+7:00:15+AM&lsection
    number=1>

    Yeah, I guess after all the flats Phonak had, I was thinking they were using
    this new tech. Looks to be a reliable technology, but I still can't figure
    out which problems tubeless road tires solve. I'm sure I will one-day be
    using them, however...

    Dave