Teamwork on the track

vcsparky wrote:
> Mark Fennell Wrote:
>> Not like this...
>> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
>>
>> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.It's even worse when you watch the video.

> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

Six riders, four from the same team (who appear to have never raced
before?), a breakaway. In a national championship?

Cycling in the US has more issues than dope.
USA Cycling... hows that whole corporate cash inbred back slappin grass
roots talent development thing going?

vcsparky wrote:
> Mark Fennell Wrote:
>> Not like this...
>> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
>>
>> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.
>>

> It's even worse when you watch the video.
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

I'm speechless...

Well not quite... Very nice video; thanks for posting it!

No good deed goes unpunished--do you happen to have video for the 15km
scratch too??

Mark
(becoming world's biggest fan of google videos)

in message <[email protected]>, vcsparky
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Mark Fennell Wrote:
>> Not like this...
>> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
>>
>> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.It's
>> even worse when you watch the video.

> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

The guy in the red shirt was clearly the best, he was at the front the
whole time. If he hadn't had to retire three laps from the end I'm sure he
would have won - and without any of that fancy aero stuff either.

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <[email protected]>, vcsparky
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Mark Fennell Wrote:
> >> Not like this...
> >> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
> >>
> >> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.It's
> >> even worse when you watch the video.

> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

> The guy in the red shirt was clearly the best, he was at the front the
> whole time. If he hadn't had to retire three laps from the end I'm sure he
> would have won - and without any of that fancy aero stuff either.
>
> --
> [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

Do you guys not understand the rules and tactics of Keirin? Read on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirin

Not 4 guys on the same team. 4 guys who have the same sponsor. Not
only does Keirin have an "i" in it, but it has two ;-)

In article <[email protected]>,
Simon Brooke <[email protected]> wrote:

> in message <[email protected]>, vcsparky
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Mark Fennell Wrote:
> >> Not like this...
> >> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
> >>
> >> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.It's
> >> even worse when you watch the video.

> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

> The guy in the red shirt was clearly the best, he was at the front the
> whole time. If he hadn't had to retire three laps from the end I'm sure he
> would have won - and without any of that fancy aero stuff either.

He was disqualified for using a small electric motor. That's why he had
to pull off the track.

Joking aside, I couldn't see if he did have an electric drive on that
bike or not. His feet seemed to be moving far too fast for any normal
sort of derny setup, so I assume it was just human power.

Can't the LA velodrome afford a derny?

On 6 Oct 2006 15:07:28 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Simon Brooke wrote:
>> in message <[email protected]>, vcsparky
>> ('[email protected]') wrote:

>> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

>> The guy in the red shirt was clearly the best, he was at the front the
>> whole time. If he hadn't had to retire three laps from the end I'm sure he
>> would have won - and without any of that fancy aero stuff either.
>>
>> --
>> [email protected] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

>Do you guys not understand the rules and tactics of Keirin? Read on:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirin

It was a joke, son. Went right over ya. You're built too low to the ground.

Ron

in message <[email protected]>,
[email protected] ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>> in message <[email protected]>, vcsparky
>> ('[email protected]') wrote:

>> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

>> The guy in the red shirt was clearly the best, he was at the front the
>> whole time. If he hadn't had to retire three laps from the end I'm sure
>> he would have won - and without any of that fancy aero stuff either.

> Do you guys not understand the rules and tactics of Keirin? Read on:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirin

Yes, dear. A certain amount of leg pulling is going on. Go back to sleep,
dear, we'll wake you up when Sesame Street comes on.

;; may contain traces of nuts, bolts or washers.

"Can't the LA velodrome afford a derny?"

That is a derny. It's electric. No IC allowed in
the building.

In article <8aSVg.2420$b23.2179@dukeread07>, "Matt C" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> "Can't the LA velodrome afford a derny?"
>
> That is a derny. It's electric. No IC allowed in
> the building.

Except the JD Gators the maintenance guys drive...

Mike G.
-

Mark Fennell said:
vcsparky wrote:
> Mark Fennell Wrote:
>> Not like this...
>> http://tinyurl.com/kc9d9
>>
>> Nice job Adam... but you need to paint that bike a different color.
>>

> It's even worse when you watch the video.
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1826744020951905581

I'm speechless...

Well not quite... Very nice video; thanks for posting it!

No good deed goes unpunished--do you happen to have video for the 15km
scratch too??

Mark
(becoming world's biggest fan of google videos)
The points race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWc9w-ep1_A