technical questions about killfiles

Dan

Guest
How do I killfile someone?

Is it possible to killfile a whole thread?

From what I understand, if you killfile someone, you can't read their posts, but parts of their post
will come through in the responses of other posters. What happens when a killfiled person starts a
thread? Would I see the thread at all until someone responded to it?

Dan "training hard so that in 4 years when I become a master, I don't get dropped" T.

Dan wrote:
> How do I killfile someone?

In OE click on Message then Block Sender

> Is it possible to killfile a whole thread?

In OE click on Message then Ignore Conversation.

> From what I understand, if you killfile someone, you can't read their posts, but parts of their
> post will come through in the responses of other posters. What happens when a killfiled person
> starts a thread? Would I see the thread at all until someone responded to it?

You are correct. But it's not really a thread until someone responds. If you killfile someone you
have to be sure that you don't want to see anything they post. You might see some of it carried over
into other's replies.

--
Michael MacClancy