Technical seat position question

Curt

Guest
I have been dialing in my bicycle over the past weeks and
feel I have found a nice position, but I find that I am
wanting to move back on my saddle a little more. I moved it
back on the rails as far as I can, but feel I would like to
move it back a little further, but have run out of rail. I
was also having a little knee problem and now that I moved
my seat back it is gone, but I am riding on the back of my
seat a little too far.

Is there a negative in getting a new seat post that has the
capability of moving back further?

Thanks, Curt

Curt asked in part:

<< Is there a negative in getting a new seat post that has
the capability of moving back further? >>

Curt, it is possible that your seat is still a bit too low.
If this is true, you could raise it up to the proper level
and suddenly lose the impulse to move back.

Robert

I think the stem is okay. I guess I should have clarified
this a bit better. The main reason that I want to move back
is because of knee discomfort. Now that I have moved the
seat back, the knee pain is gone. I am very thankful to say
the least. I feel pretty laid out on the bike, but I feel
more comfortable with the angle of my legs when the seat is
back a bit more.

Curt

"Erik Freitag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Mon, 10 May 2004 02:36:08 +0000, curt wrote:
>
> > Is there a negative in getting a new seat post that has
> > the capability
of
> > moving back further?
>
> I don't know if there's a negative to a new seatpost, but
> I was wondering if what you really need is a longer stem.

This is possible. I am a little above my original set up,
which I took from a book, but maybe I just like a higher
seat. I may give that a try first. I don't know how much
higher I can go. I'll have to see how long my seat post
is I guess.

Thanks, Curt

"R15757" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040509220942.04086.00001210@mb-
m12.aol.com...
> Curt asked in part:
>
> << Is there a negative in getting a new seat post that has
> the capability
of
> moving back further? >>
>
> Curt, it is possible that your seat is still a bit too
> low. If this is
true,
> you could raise it up to the proper level and suddenly
> lose the impulse to
move
> back.
>
> Robert

Thanks Robert.

Curt

"R15757" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040509233508.00117.00001121@mb-
m12.aol.com...
> << This is possible. I am a little above my original set
> up, which I took
from
> a book, but maybe I just like a higher seat. I may give
> that a try first. I don't know how much higher I can go.
> I'll have to see how long my seat post is I guess. >>
>

> Yeah I would push the seat up bit by bit until you find
> the point where it finally feels too high, as long as it
> is not over the limit line, then
lower it
> a smidge (1 cm) from there. Generally you'll want the seat
> just below the
point
> where the hips rock with pedaling. Knee pain is often
> caused by too-low saddles.
>
> Robert

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>This is possible. I am a little above my original set up,
>which I took from a book, but maybe I just like a higher
>seat. I may give that a try first. I don't know how much
>higher I can go. I'll have to see how long my seat post
>is I guess.

If you do go up, do it a little at a time. You don't want to
go to high and possible cause an injury.
-------------
Alex

"Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] says...
>
> >This is possible. I am a little above my original set up,
> >which I took
from
> >a book, but maybe I just like a higher seat. I may give
> >that a try
first.
> >I don't know how much higher I can go. I'll have to see
> >how long my seat post is I guess.
>
> If you do go up, do it a little at a time. You don't want
> to go to high and possible cause an injury.
> Alex

Yeah, me moving my seat up or back a bit will have to wait.
I just bought a new seatpost on ebay though. I hope it is
here by Friday. I am maxed out on my current seatpost.

Thanks for the advise. I think I am very close to where I
should be, but was a bit above the limit line. :(

Curt