From: "Ted Stroll" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:36:46 -0800
Subject: Bitten by tick at Coe; advice?

Everyone,

I found three ticks on me after traversing the creek on Cross Canyon
Trail at Coe a couple of hours ago.

Unfortunately, there was a fourth that I did not locate until just now
after it had bitten me.

I removed it with my Tick Nipper from REI. (Good investment!) It was
difficult to dislodge even with this specialized device.

As a novice to tick bites, I ask: what is the risk of spotted tick
fever? Should I be making an appointment to see a doctor?

Ted

Is your will in order?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande