tedious bogans

ProfTournesol

New Member
Aug 22, 2003
riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me, also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)

"ProfTournesol" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:p[email protected]...

> riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans
> drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me,
> also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the
> verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they
> were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)

Water pistol + paint thinner...

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 03:58:13 GMT, "OzCableguy" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"ProfTournesol" <[email protected]> wrote
>in message news:p[email protected]...
>>
>> riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans
>> drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me,
>> also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the
>> verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they
>> were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)
>>

>Water pistol + paint thinner...

Or water pistol + neat ammonia (works for vicious dogs as well ?).....

ProfTournesol said:
riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me, also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)

It's times like this when I wish I had a helmet cam or something so that I could go to the police.....but then I'd have to ride responsibly too.....hmmmmm.

Been thinking about bogan deflection diversion tactics, say a bogan friendly jersey or kit along the lines that Primal currently design. Think Chisels, Angels, Australian Idol, Anna Coren or whatever the proles are currently into.

Would bogan-friendly kit make them think twice (obvious sarcasm, do they have the ability to self-actualise) about verbally abusing someone? Could interactions with bogans be deflected into more friendly events, like:

WAAAYYY TER GO MOITE LURVE YA JERSEY

or even

FULLY SIC BIKE MOITE

or maybe

LURVE DER FIXY CONVERSION MOITE - SHES FUGGING HAUTE

On Nov 12, 2:58 pm, "OzCableguy" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "ProfTournesol" <[email protected]> wrote
> in messagenews:p[email protected]...
>

> > riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans
> > drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me,
> > also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the
> > verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they
> > were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)

> Water pistol + paint thinner...

Might dissolve the water pistol. Besides, violence begets violence
and it's doubtful escalating such a situation is going to "teach them
a lesson". Though I will admit the desire to throttle the pricks is
difficult to overcome.

On Nov 12, 1:49 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Besides, violence begets violence
> and it's doubtful escalating such a situation is going to "teach them
> a lesson".

You certainly don't want an arms race. Reporting their rego
to the cops might earn them a phone call, you never know...

On Nov 12, 3:29 pm, brucef <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 1:49 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Besides, violence begets violence
> > and it's doubtful escalating such a situation is going to "teach them
> > a lesson".

> You certainly don't want an arms race. Reporting their rego
> to the cops might earn them a phone call, you never know...

.... or an assault charge ... recall Gemma's recent case with egging in
Adelaide.

OzCableguy wrote:

> Water pistol + paint thinner...

Assuming you don't mind having a partially dissolved water pistol tucked
into your nicks, leaking down to your ....

Theo

cfsmtb said:
Been thinking about bogan deflection diversion tactics, say a bogan friendly jersey or kit along the lines that Primal currently design. Think Chisels, Angels, Australian Idol, Anna Coren or whatever the proles are currently into.

Would bogan-friendly kit make them think twice (obvious sarcasm, do they have the ability to self-actualise) about verbally abusing someone? Could interactions with bogans be deflected into more friendly events, like:

WAAAYYY TER GO MOITE LURVE YA JERSEY

or even

FULLY SIC BIKE MOITE

or maybe

LURVE DER FIXY CONVERSION MOITE - SHES FUGGING HAUTE

how about a mullet shaped helmet:)

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Might dissolve the water pistol. Besides, violence begets violence
> and it's doubtful escalating such a situation is going to "teach them
> a lesson".

Maybe carrying one of those water pistols that look a bit like a real gun in
a shoulder holster outside your jersey would be enough to stop the nonsense
happening in the first place. ;-)
They're cowards anyway so I doubt it'd escalate. They only do that sort of
**** because they think you'll never be able to catch them. If you do catch
them they're not hard to intimidate.
Another option would be the laser beams of death -
http://www.fatcyclist.com/2007/10/22/free-t-shirt-monday-laser-beams-of-death/

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

OzCableguy wrote:
> "ProfTournesol" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:p[email protected]...
>> riding Beach Road this afternoon, an urban assault vehicle of bogans
>> drove past and emptied a barrel full of supersquirter water all over me,
>> also did the same to a female rider in front of me. I'm used to the
>> verbal abuse, but really this is getting rather tedious. At least they
>> were stupid enough to do it on a warm day rather than a cold day:)
>>

> Water pistol + paint thinner...

brake fluid in a squirt bottle, does wonders for paint work if not
cleaned off :)