sf sf@gmail said:Didn't I read about a Pay Pal alternative "somewhere" (probably my
local rag) a few weeks ago? We have OPTIONS people. 🙂
Carol
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
sf sf@gmail said:Didn't I read about a Pay Pal alternative "somewhere" (probably my
local rag) a few weeks ago? We have OPTIONS people. 🙂
Carol
One time on Usenet said:"Felice Friese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Here's another preference for an apron.
Me, too, I think. A T-shirt would be, well, just another T-shirt.
I have WAYYYYYY more T-shirts than aprons.
I, OTOH, rarely use an apron and would rather have a t-shirt.
Just sayin'...
--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~
One time on Usenet said:sf sf@gmail said:Didn't I read about a Pay Pal alternative "somewhere" (probably my
local rag) a few weeks ago? We have OPTIONS people. 🙂
Wow, I haven't used them in ages -- didn't realize they were
still around...
--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, VidGamer, novice cook, dieter ~
"Felice Friese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Here's another preference for an apron.
Me, too, I think. A T-shirt would be, well, just another T-shirt.
I have WAYYYYYY more T-shirts than aprons.
Bob M.
nancy1 said:Me, too - I haven't ever worn my T-shirt (I don't wear T-shirts
anymore). Nobody pinged me for it - doesn't anyone want my XL T-shirt?
I'll ship it FREE.
Me! Me! Me! (I'm probably too late)
Carol
-L. said:
Damsel said:-L. said:Personally I think they should be aprons (this is, afterall, RFC....ya
know?) But a T shirt is fine.Wow! I never would have thought of that, but it's a very cool idea!
Carol
/Elvis
Why thank ya! Thankyaverymuch!
/Elvis
-L.
I wouldn't buy an apron. Or travel with one ;>
Of course, that would solve my Pay Pal problem.
Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:28:17 -0400, "Debbie" <[email hidden]>
connected the dots and wrote:
~sf wrote:
~>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:41:39 -0400, Debbie wrote:
~>>>
~>>> That is why I said up there "if there was enough interest" and
~>>> also that I would stick to T's. :-)
~>>
~>> Gosh, Debbie... for someone who isn't going to make a dime out of
~>> this, you're being awfully conservative!
~>>
~>> LOL! Just kidding.
~
~Somehow I have the feeling that I am going to be spending! :-) The
fewer
~choices the easier the decisions! lol
~
~Debbie
~
You will have enough to deal with with half a dozen sizes and colors,
without trying to keep straight heavy-Ts, light-T's, boxers,
wife-beaters, aprons, and caps. Next time, maybe we should look into
pens, keychains, coupon cutters, shopping bags, umbrellas, and
spatulas.
(Just kidding. Please don't kill me!)
maxine in ri
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:28:17 -0400, "Debbie" <[email hidden]>
connected the dots and wrote:
~sf wrote:
~>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:41:39 -0400, Debbie wrote:
~>>>
~>>> That is why I said up there "if there was enough interest" and
~>>> also that I would stick to T's. :-)
~>>
~>> Gosh, Debbie... for someone who isn't going to make a dime out of
~>> this, you're being awfully conservative!
~>>
~>> LOL! Just kidding.
~
~Somehow I have the feeling that I am going to be spending! :-) The
fewer
~choices the easier the decisions! lol
~
~Debbie
~
You will have enough to deal with with half a dozen sizes and colors,
without trying to keep straight heavy-Ts, light-T's, boxers,
wife-beaters, aprons, and caps. Next time, maybe we should look into
pens, keychains, coupon cutters, shopping bags, umbrellas, and
spatulas.
(Just kidding. Please don't kill me!)
maxine in ri
maxine in ri said:On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:28:17 -0400, "Debbie" <[email hidden]>
connected the dots and wrote:~sf wrote:
~>> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 21:41:39 -0400, Debbie wrote:
~>>>
~>>> That is why I said up there "if there was enough interest" and
~>>> also that I would stick to T's. :-)
~>>
~>> Gosh, Debbie... for someone who isn't going to make a dime out of
~>> this, you're being awfully conservative!
~>>
~>> LOL! Just kidding.
~
~Somehow I have the feeling that I am going to be spending! :-) The
fewer
~choices the easier the decisions! lol
~
~Debbie
~You will have enough to deal with with half a dozen sizes and colors,
without trying to keep straight heavy-Ts, light-T's, boxers,
wife-beaters, aprons, and caps. Next time, maybe we should look into
pens, keychains, coupon cutters, shopping bags, umbrellas, and
spatulas.(Just kidding. Please don't kill me!)
maxine in ri
But taken one at a time, not a bad idea!
"Sandi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Ophelia said:"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]....
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>
> I use butchers type aprons with nice big pockets at the front🙂)
>
> O
>Do the butchers-type aprons you buy have the top portion to them?Yes, we call that part the bib🙂 I buy them from any kitchen
equipment
shopI absolutely cannot stand to have things around my neck...bib aprons,
necklaces, id tag holders (I keep my required work ID holder in my
pocket and pull it out as needed), etc. Even some styles of shirts,
blouses, and dresses are out (turtlenecks being the primary offender)I
tried a bib apron once...and the bib part was so damn annoying I
dumped
the thing in the trash. For 10 years I had to wear a uniform that
required a necktie. Now - nothing other than open collar blouses,
shirts or dresses, T shirts, and round, scoop, V or square neck
dresses
and blouses.My worn and faded Tshirts work just fine. When they get too stained,
in
the rag bag they go for cleaning rags.
Why on earth did you put your bib apron in the bin! All you had to do
was turn the top down inside the apron part and tie it around your
waist!
"Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Sandi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Ophelia said:"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]....
Quoted message said:>>
>> I use butchers type aprons with nice big pockets at the front🙂)
>>
>> O
>>Do the butchers-type aprons you buy have the top portion to them?Yes, we call that part the bib🙂 I buy them from any kitchen equipment
shopI absolutely cannot stand to have things around my neck...bib aprons,
necklaces, id tag holders (I keep my required work ID holder in my
pocket and pull it out as needed), etc. Even some styles of shirts,
blouses, and dresses are out (turtlenecks being the primary offender)I
tried a bib apron once...and the bib part was so damn annoying I dumped
the thing in the trash. For 10 years I had to wear a uniform that
required a necktie. Now - nothing other than open collar blouses,
shirts or dresses, T shirts, and round, scoop, V or square neck dresses
and blouses.My worn and faded Tshirts work just fine. When they get too stained, in
the rag bag they go for cleaning rags.Why on earth did you put your bib apron in the bin! All you had to do was
turn the top down inside the apron part and tie it around your waist!
Jumping in -- But, But, But -- the top of the body is where I get the most
dirty. That's why I like a big apron covering my chest area.
Dee Dee
"Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Sandi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Ophelia said:"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]....
Quoted message said:>>
>> I use butchers type aprons with nice big pockets at the front🙂)
>>
>> O
>>Do the butchers-type aprons you buy have the top portion to them?Yes, we call that part the bib🙂 I buy them from any kitchen equipment
shopI absolutely cannot stand to have things around my neck...bib aprons,
necklaces, id tag holders (I keep my required work ID holder in my
pocket and pull it out as needed), etc. Even some styles of shirts,
blouses, and dresses are out (turtlenecks being the primary offender)I
tried a bib apron once...and the bib part was so damn annoying I dumped
the thing in the trash. For 10 years I had to wear a uniform that
required a necktie. Now - nothing other than open collar blouses,
shirts or dresses, T shirts, and round, scoop, V or square neck dresses
and blouses.My worn and faded Tshirts work just fine. When they get too stained, in
the rag bag they go for cleaning rags.Why on earth did you put your bib apron in the bin! All you had to do was
turn the top down inside the apron part and tie it around your waist!
Jumping in -- But, But, But -- the top of the body is where I get the most
dirty. That's why I like a big apron covering my chest area.
Dee Dee
Ophelia said:"Sandi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Ophelia said:"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]....
Quoted message said:>>
>> I use butchers type aprons with nice big pockets at the front🙂)
>>
>> O
>>Do the butchers-type aprons you buy have the top portion to them?Yes, we call that part the bib🙂 I buy them from any kitchen
equipment
shopI absolutely cannot stand to have things around my neck...bib aprons,
necklaces, id tag holders (I keep my required work ID holder in my
pocket and pull it out as needed), etc. Even some styles of shirts,
blouses, and dresses are out (turtlenecks being the primary offender)I
tried a bib apron once...and the bib part was so damn annoying I
dumped the thing in the trash. For 10 years I had to wear a uniform >
that required a necktie. Now - nothing other than open collar blouses,
shirts or dresses, T shirts, and round, scoop, V or square neck
dresses and blouses.My worn and faded Tshirts work just fine. When they get too stained,
in the rag bag they go for cleaning rags.Why on earth did you put your bib apron in the bin! All you had to do
was turn the top down inside the apron part and tie it around your
waist!
Actually it was dumped in the trash after being cut up and used as dust
and cleaning rags. The chest area is where most of the crud ends up
when I cook so using your suggestion would be like not using an apron
at all. Therefore - old T shirts, mine or ones I buy at garage sales
for 25 cents a piece work best. When they get too cruddy looking, they
get used as dust rags and then finally into the trash.
Sandi
maxine in ri said:On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 23:28:17 -0400, "Debbie" <[email hidden]>
You will have enough to deal with with half a dozen sizes and colors,
without trying to keep straight heavy-Ts, light-T's, boxers,
wife-beaters, aprons, and caps. Next time, maybe we should look into
pens, keychains, coupon cutters, shopping bags, umbrellas, and
spatulas.
Now a shopping bag.....that I can use. Sunday and Thursday market days
at the public market require your own shopping bags. The local farmers
don't provide bags. I would probably get a half dozen of those is we
decide to do something like this the next time around!
Sandi
"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Ophelia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
"Sandi" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Ophelia wrote:
> "Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
> news:[email hidden]....
> >>
> >> I use butchers type aprons with nice big pockets at the front🙂)
> >>
> >> O
> >>Do the butchers-type aprons you buy have the top portion to them?
>
> Yes, we call that part the bib🙂 I buy them from any kitchen
> equipment
> shopI absolutely cannot stand to have things around my neck...bib
aprons,
necklaces, id tag holders (I keep my required work ID holder in my
pocket and pull it out as needed), etc. Even some styles of shirts,
blouses, and dresses are out (turtlenecks being the primary
offender)I
tried a bib apron once...and the bib part was so damn annoying I
dumped
the thing in the trash. For 10 years I had to wear a uniform that
required a necktie. Now - nothing other than open collar blouses,
shirts or dresses, T shirts, and round, scoop, V or square neck
dresses
and blouses.My worn and faded Tshirts work just fine. When they get too stained,
in
the rag bag they go for cleaning rags.Why on earth did you put your bib apron in the bin! All you had to
do was turn the top down inside the apron part and tie it around your
waist!
Jumping in -- But, But, But -- the top of the body is where I get the
most dirty. That's why I like a big apron covering my chest area.
Yers🙂 but she didn't like the top bit.. and anyway... maybe everyone
else isn't such a mucky cook as you and me🙂)
Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:Damsel wrote on 05 Aug 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:-L. said:Personally I think they should be aprons (this is, afterall,
RFC....ya know?) But a T shirt is fine.Wow! I never would have thought of that, but it's a very cool
idea!Carol
I'd buy 2 of the T-shirts and 2 of the Aprons...if the aprons were fit
for manly men.
Oooooo, got a thrill just from you saying that ;-)
If we do go for aprons, I think it's important for them to be
unisex-styled. Serious aprons for serious cooks <g>, none of this
June Cleaver ruffles and pearls stuff -- not that anyone's advocated
for such a thing. I like BIG aprons with long ties so I can wrap it
around me and tie in front. I guess I'm in the minority, I often use
an apron, particularly when I bake. Mostly because I'm sort of the
Pig Pen of the kitchen (reference to Charles Schultz' 'Peanuts'
cartoon)! Flour puffs and clouds follow me everywhere <g>
Just my 2 cents/pence/currency of choice.
TammyM
Dee Randall said:Debra, what brand is the apron that you bought from your Seattle cookin' -
that's where I bought my favorite one.
Mine was "Design House."
Dee Dee
I tore the house apart trying to find it, but all I came up with was
two San Diego cookin shirts ( 98 & 99) and one L. A. cooking shirt (
99). The apron must have become a casualty during the re-do of the
inside of the house.
I had to pack up as if I were moving because I had all the ceilings
redone.
I'l try to find Alan Zelt...he had the aprons made for the Seattle
cooking.
Debra
not -L said:If available soon and unisex, not a "frilly-girly" thing, I'd buy an apron.
I will be required to have an apron for the knife skills classes I plan to
take this fall and winter.
I like the dark blue ones that Albertson's has, in fact... I have one
and I'm not even sure how it got here because I don't know anyone who
works/ed there.
Ophelia said:Yers🙂 but she didn't like the top bit.. and anyway... maybe everyone
else isn't such a mucky cook as you and me🙂)
I've considered wearing a lab coat.
🙂
TammyM said:I guess I'm in the minority, I often use an apron, particularly when I bake.
If I don't wear an apron, I'm a mess. Well, I'm a mess anyway - I'm
probably as messy as you... except my problem is that wily beast,
grease: it always figures out what spot of clothing is uncovered by my
apron and lands there.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.